I've never done this posting thing before so excuse me if I'm doing anything wrong but I'm desperate to get some help with this. So there old options screen in the browser had a browser config section in which you could "select the browser" or something. Apparently this new browser does it automatically and keeps selecting my service providers WAP service that i have to pay for, and not my BIS service that i have, so I get charged when i browse even though i have an unlimited data plan, and when I have no money on my phone I get the browser is unable to connect to the internet error. would really appreciate any help at all on this. I'm in Jamaica btw.
    09-11-10 09:31 AM
    There is currently no "browser identification" option like there was in 4.* and 5.0. The new webkit browser does not support this. Everyone is hoping they'll add it at some point as an advanced option...

I do not really understand why your carrier would be charging you either way though...that browser identification only determines whether or not the site you're visiting gives you their mobile version or their full version. On some sites you can go to the bottom and choose whether or not you want to be on the mobile or full version. Some sites just do it based on whether you go to blackberry.com or mobile.blackberry.com. The problem is with the sites that give you no option.

Anyways, I don't think browser identification would help you with your issue...I don't even really know what a "WAP Service" from your service provider is...
    09-11-10 09:51 AM
    I don't think it will help either. The identity to the far end has no bearing on path to get there. Your carrier is charging for the path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 09:59 AM
    Hey,

I am also having similar problems. The reason being that, since the network doesnt have the phone, so the service books are unavailable. So the browser will use the WAP !

The only option is to wait for the your network to get those service books and only then you can browse on teh BB internet browser !

Hope this helps !
    09-11-10 03:16 PM
    Wouldn't sideloading the service books, T-Mobile style help?

09-11-10 04:23 PM
    I dont know. I am just waiting for my network to get the service books first before they distribute.

I dont know, the os 5 is different to os 6 !

Thinking of upgrading the OS to .214...dont know whether it will help or not? ?
    09-11-10 04:45 PM
    Hmm, what network are you on anyway? If you have another BB on the same network (or if you know someone that does) that already has the service books then you can dump them with legacy mode and load them onto your torch. Other than that I'm afraid there's not much you can do though I highly, highly reccomend installing 214 regardless, it's a fantastic upgrade and makes the torch way snappier though if you use wifi music sync you'll have to copy files over from a previous install.

09-11-10 04:51 PM
    Try changing your settings in apn set it to your bis servers. Are if that works you can force the browser to connect on any connection that you choose just know the connection settings.

09-12-10 03:34 AM
    There isnt any option to change the browser settings in TCP .

What is the apn for the blackberry servers !
    09-12-10 07:02 PM
    epc.tmobile.com
    02-03-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD