I drive an Infiniti EX35. My car's Bluetooth has stopped working. I have tried other Blackberry devices and they work on my car. BlackBerry support (tier 2) tells me that Infiniti doesn't support Bluetooth and there is nothing they can do. Does anyone have a suggestion.
    08-07-11 09:27 PM
    Wait, so you tried other BB devices through bluetooth and they work yet RIM says your car doesn't have bluetooth or are they saying your car doesn't support bluetooth with the torch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 09:35 PM
    My fx35 (new) works well with all my blackberries but acts very weird with iPhone and Android.
    Not to stray off topic, but my buddy, who is a mechanic at Infiniti, told me I should bring the vehicle in because there's an os update for the nav/Bluetooth unit. I asked him what the update was for and he said the work computer says "improved connectivity, improved smartphone connectivity, and call waiting". You may or may not have noticed that a second caller gets flushed straight to voicemail and he appears as a missed call on your phone.
    I know this doesn't directly answer your question but perhaps the update would solve your problem.

08-07-11 09:58 PM
    Wait, so you tried other BB devices through bluetooth and they work yet RIM says your car doesn't have bluetooth or are they saying your car doesn't support bluetooth with the torch?

08-08-11 07:55 PM
    BlackBerry (BB) says Infiniti doesn't support the 9800 (Torch) but does support other BB models. I went to Infiniti dealer today. Dealer gave me a list of BB models supported on 2008 EX 35. Many models but not 9800. Any suggestions how to make it work again? The car's built in bluetooth worked for 6 months and stopped 7 days ago and I can't get it to work again.

08-08-11 08:05 PM
    My fx35 (new) works well with all my blackberries but acts very weird with iPhone and Android.
    Not to stray off topic, but my buddy, who is a mechanic at Infiniti, told me I should bring the vehicle in because there's an os update for the nav/Bluetooth unit. I asked him what the update was for and he said the work computer says "improved connectivity, improved smartphone connectivity, and call waiting". You may or may not have noticed that a second caller gets flushed straight to voicemail and he appears as a missed call on your phone.
    I know this doesn't directly answer your question but perhaps the update would solve your problem.

08-08-11 08:07 PM
    Thank's. Worth a try. I'll go back to dealer again. (Please see my reply aunt Jemima)

08-08-11 08:10 PM
    By any chance does your infiniti accept ota updates? I haven't a clue what infiniti offers in this department. The reason I ask is maybe they sent an update and its broken your torch bluetooth.

Have you installed a new OS before this happened? Have you removed all paired devices and tried pairing them again? Resent your bluetooth service books or tried connecting the phone to another bluetooth device to see if its the phone or the vehicle?

The vehicle seems to work fine for other devices so my guess its the phone itself causing the problem.

I know that was a lot of question but the more the better I always say.

08-08-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD