On a wim, I compared a factory Curve 8900 battery to the 9800's battery and they are super close to the same size....but just not quite. The 8900 has a 1400mAh battery vs the Torches 1270mAh one. I'm pretty sure it would fit in the Torch's battery hole if only the top corners were rounded like the Torch battery is. The 8900 battery has all squared off corners. But even then it might be just slightly too thick to put the battery cover door on.

So I patiently wait for an aftermarket bigger battery for my Torch....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 12:47 AM
    I am waiting as well. With the way I'm draining my Torch's battery...I will need something that will give it more juice to last throughout the day. I hope it is soon because patience is not a virtue I possess.
    08-22-10 08:58 AM
    I am waiting as well. With the way I'm draining my Torch's battery...I will need something that will give it more juice to last throughout the day. I hope it is soon because patience is not a virtue I possess.
    thats odd ive been using mines non stop including web browser and i wake up 5am an get off of work at 10PM it only drains to about 20--30% left
    09-03-10 03:32 AM
    Is 8900 battery the same as the storm 9530?
    09-03-10 04:03 AM
    thats odd ive been using mines non stop including web browser and i wake up 5am an get off of work at 10PM it only drains to about 20--30% left
    It seems that the torches came in 2 batches. An amazing unbelievable battery life like yourself, the others with crappy batteries. I'm on my 4th torch and I took all the others back for battery related issues until I realized that I'm the issue not the battery. I'm hoping some OS leak will fix it like it did on my 9000. That and I'll be getting an extended battery as soon as they come out..

09-03-10 04:03 PM
    It also depends on u using wifi or 3G.

09-03-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD