I am still on OS .448 , with Telus. I had a bad experience with a hybrid, and have been a little jumpy about changing my OS. My question is simple...is there much to be gained by moving to .706?
    01-22-12 06:58 PM
    I am still on OS .448 , with Telus. I had a bad experience with a hybrid, and have been a little jumpy about changing my OS. My question is simple...is there much to be gained by moving to .706?
    I am also on Telus Torch 9800. I did the upgrade 2 times to .706 and both times I noticed the Compose PIN options just disappears on its own. I can get it back as an option if I do "Register now" under the Host Routing Table, but after sending 2 or 3 PIN messages, it goes away again.

If you're not concerned about that option, then its a good OS from what I tested. It was faster/snappier than .448 (latest for Telus Torch 9800). Browser was faster too, specially the Pinch To Zoom.
    01-23-12 11:23 AM
    I just picked up my 9800 (Telus) on this weekend so 448 is the only version I have experience on, Bash_Man are there any other benefits to upgrading?
    01-23-12 12:24 PM
    I just picked up my 9800 (Telus) on this weekend so 448 is the only version I have experience on, Bash_Man are there any other benefits to upgrading?
    I dont re-call exactly to be honest as its been a while since I had done the upgrade, but I do re-call OS ver .706 was a bit faster than .448 when rebooting the phone. Sometimes When rebooting the phone on .448, i notice things take a second to kick in if I try to run an app. With .706 I didnt that have. it was pretty much run right away.

They also changed the clock display to be smaller (higher Resolution) and the browser was also faster.

other than that, I dont re-call to be honest.

Telus seems to be very slow when it comes to releasing OS updates for any of their phones, while the rest of the providers seem to be ahead of the game, even bell and Rogers are ahead of the game.

Good luck.
    01-23-12 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD