My battery life was terrible for the first 2 days on .486. I wiped, installed .448, had some install issues, went back to .486 and my battery life has been excellent ever since.
    Fluke? Probably, but the first 2 days I could barely get through a day, now I can get 2 no problem.
    03-16-11 06:40 PM
    You're right! Huge step in right direction from either Storms. Have fun with your new Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 07:02 PM
    I posted this in the Leaks forum, but I'll toss it in here too just for giggles.

After two days and several battery pulls, I found that battery life was noticeably improved in .486 from .450, but that's about all. The browser to me felt more sluggish, almost like back to .246 sluggish. Can't exactly put my finger on it, but it seemed like the gains in touch screen sensitivity and accuracy in the browser that came in .450 were lost in .486. That alone wasn't worth the improved battery life, especially since it was already perfectly adequate for me in .450.

So I agree with MikeGomez, .450 seems to be the better of the last two, at least for me. So out went .486 and back in went .450. Three days now and my phone and I are happy again.
    03-16-11 07:04 PM
    I wiped and did a clean install of .486 this morning, coming from .450...for me, it's at least as fast and smooth as .450, actually maybe a little more fluid with scrolling...plus it seems to have corrected a couple intermittent issues I was having. No memory leak here either.
    03-16-11 07:16 PM
    My battery life was terrible for the first 2 days on .486. I wiped, installed .448, had some install issues, went back to .486 and my battery life has been excellent ever since.
    Fluke? Probably, but the first 2 days I could barely get through a day, now I can get 2 no problem.
    Sounds like my experience. I've done most of the upgrades since I bought my Torch. Not all go as planned, but an upgrade reinstall almost always fixes it.
    03-16-11 07:58 PM
    I posted this in the Leaks forum, but I'll toss it in here too just for giggles.

After two days and several battery pulls, I found that battery life was noticeably improved in .486 from .450, but that's about all. The browser to me felt more sluggish, almost like back to .246 sluggish. Can't exactly put my finger on it, but it seemed like the gains in touch screen sensitivity and accuracy in the browser that came in .450 were lost in .486. That alone wasn't worth the improved battery life, especially since it was already perfectly adequate for me in .450.
    I also feel that the browser is super slow compared to 450. like ridiculously slow especially when using zoom
    03-17-11 12:10 AM
    6.0.0.486 has been solid for me as well, no leaks and best performer so far on my torch.
    03-17-11 08:43 AM
    Still no volume control when playing videos.
    03-17-11 09:30 AM
    The only downside for me on this one is browser is def slower everything else has been good.

03-17-11 09:41 AM
    Still .450 i think is the best os right now.

The best OS for YOU. Everyone has there preferences. I, for one, prefer .486. But as someone has already stated, and it's been stated all over CB, BB's work differently with the Same OS. I don't understand why, but it seems to work that way. I just hate people trying to convince others on which OS they should update to because it's 'better'. It's 'better' for the person recommending it, but .450 or .448 might be better for the person being recommended.

.486 for me, with some 6.1 files, runs perfectly. No lags, everything is smooth. Battery is pretty good and no major memory leaks.
    03-17-11 12:33 PM
    ^ good for you.

03-17-11 08:01 PM
    I have a small problem with .486
    If I use afrikaans as my input language the space bar on the virtual keyboard is not working. Any Idees on how to fix this?
    03-28-11 04:08 AM
    Tried .486 for a couple of weeks but I wasn't that happy with the battery life nor with the lag when accessing my pics. Went back to .448!
    03-28-11 05:37 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD