I remember when Hotmail messages used to come in a lot faster when I had my Bold 9700. Did something change recently on Hotmail's server?

I called AT&T today and tried a few things and it looks like my Hotmail messages are coming in faster but still taking at least 5 minutes.

My Exchange messages come in a lot faster as expected.

Anyone else have this problem? I did delete all my accounts at least twice today. At one point only one email icon would appear (not including the messages icon) but after deleting the one that didn't appear, it fixed it.

Hotmail still slow though...

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    08-28-10 09:44 PM
    From what I understand, outside of BES email, the only BIS email that gets instant push are accounts on Yahoo servers (which includes anything related to AT&T) and gmail. Everything else is on a 15 minute pull clock. Maybe it's only a 5 minute pull clock for hotmail, I don't know.
    08-28-10 10:02 PM
    Ok, but my Exchange email comes through usually within the same minute and I am on BIS.

Thanks.

-Rich

From what I understand, outside of BES email, the only BIS email that gets instant push are accounts on Yahoo servers (which includes anything related to AT&T) and gmail. Everything else is on a 15 minute pull clock. Maybe it's only a 5 minute pull clock for hotmail, I don't know.
    08-28-10 10:10 PM
    I have Comcast and mine usually show up in less than 5 minutes.
    08-28-10 10:13 PM
    Look what I just came across on phonescoop.com -

According to a report from CNet, Microsoft will begin offering its Hotmail web-mail service with support for Exchange ActiveSync. This is significant because it will allow users of mobile phones and other devices to sync their email via ActiveSync protocols -- which includes push -- rather than POP3. Many phones support ActiveSync, and some can support multiple Exchange accounts. Microsoft's Dharmesh Mehta told CNET that Exchange ActiveSync and enhanced IMAP syncing will become available on Monday, August 30.

-Rich
    08-28-10 10:40 PM
    I remember when Hotmail messages used to come in a lot faster when I had my Bold 9700. Did something change recently on Hotmail's server?

I called AT&T today and tried a few things and it looks like my Hotmail messages are coming in faster but still taking at least 5 minutes.

My Exchange messages come in a lot faster as expected.

Anyone else have this problem? I did delete all my accounts at least twice today. At one point only one email icon would appear (not including the messages icon) but after deleting the one that didn't appear, it fixed it.

Hotmail still slow though...

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

In my experience, Hotmail and Yahoo do not show up on my phone immediately. Only emails from Gmail and AOL show up on my phone immediately.
    08-29-10 08:12 AM
    In my experience, Hotmail and Yahoo do not show up on my phone immediately. Only emails from Gmail and AOL show up on my phone immediately.
    I am AOL and I have a 5-10 minute delay! The delay started about 2 months ago, but I used to get them immediately.
    Last edited by tellsells; 08-29-10 at 08:48 AM.
    08-29-10 08:43 AM
    Yahoo & Gmail show up on my BB instantly - so does Hotmail.

The only thing with Hotmail for me is that sometimes, the push won't work at all. I'll get 1 or 2 emails in my hotmail that won't show up on my BB, so what I have to do is send an email to my hotmail account from one of my other accounts.

Really really stupid workaround, but whatevs.
    08-29-10 08:49 AM
    For the last month or so, even Gmail was getting slow on my old 8900. When I first turned it on in the morning sometimes it would take 15-20 minutes for all my emails to show up. I think it was an issue with the BIS server I was on.
    08-29-10 09:14 AM
    I've notived the same thing, I've had droids and a windmo phone for the last 6 months, but before I had bb and my emails were near instant with hotmail/msn. I could do a password reset for an online account and the email would come to my phone 10-20sec after I got it online..
    Even with the droid my emails were coming faster than my torch, usually about a min delay..my torch takes at least 5

Guess we'll see how much improvement there is after aug 30.
    08-29-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD