So, got the phone on launch day here with Rogers... Had it for a week, wobble was unbarable. Went back to store I got it for a swap, was tolld they didn't have any, and to call tech support, to have them send me a new one... Called tech, was told NO. Need to go back to store, and have THEM order me one. Went back to the store, was told they have one in stock... Nice!!! Went to the store, was told I couldn't swap, cause I had used more than 30 mins of airtime on the device... Got upset, was told to call tech. Called tech from the store, on hold for 40 mins... Got tech, they gvave me a ticket number, got the replacement, and left. Went back to my office, oPened the sealed box, pulled out the phone, bigger wobble than the first, and, chips (3) on the bezel... Called tech, explained story, 3rd Torch on the way... :S...... Frig, hope 3rd times a charm!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 12:11 PM
    So, got the phone on launch day here with Rogers... Had it for a week, wobble was unbarable. Went back to store I got it for a swap, was tolld they didn't have any, and to call tech support, to have them send me a new one... Called tech, was told NO. Need to go back to store, and have THEM order me one. Went back to the store, was told they have one in stock... Nice!!! Went to the store, was told I couldn't swap, cause I had used more than 30 mins of airtime on the device... Got upset, was told to call tech. Called tech from the store, on hold for 40 mins... Got tech, they gvave me a ticket number, got the replacement, and left. Went back to my office, oPened the sealed box, pulled out the phone, bigger wobble than the first, and, chips (3) on the bezel... Called tech, explained story, 3rd Torch on the way... :S...... Frig, hope 3rd times a charm!!!!!

Stories like this one make me thankful for AT&T. Three exchanges made in three different AT&T stores over the course of the first week and a half with the Torch, all painless, and all with virtually no questions asked.
    10-14-10 12:19 PM
    I went through 3 after US launch and they never could get me a good one. Finally returned and got an iPhone 4. Thinking about giving the Torch another go now in hopes that maybe the problems I had the first time through was just a case of the initial batch being screwy.
    10-14-10 12:20 PM
    The wobble problem is the only problem I ve had and I ******* hate it ...on my 3rd and the wobble still here...

10-14-10 12:28 PM
    Still on my first...
    10-14-10 12:29 PM
    I agree with this, I don't have the torch, but I have had my 8900 exchanged about 4 times in 2 years. Their customer service is amazing, and one of the main reasons why I stay with them.. That and the fact they get better blackberries than anyone else
    10-14-10 12:47 PM

This is why I hate Rogers, I just went through the same thing when I wanted to exchange my Torch with them. Except when the Rogers guy was on the phone with tech support verifying the wobble, he was downplaying it saying that it KINDA wobbles about 4 or 5 millimeters either way. Jackass....

Got a new Torch and it was ok at the start but has developed the same issues as the last one, WITH the addition the "surepress" issue on the right side. It seems like returning a Torch is like opening Pandora's Box... you will never get a perfect one, but the urge will be there to keep returning in hopes of getting a better one.

I don't even want to go through that hassle again so I am just going to keep it and try to fix it myself.

My contract is up in a year....I will NOT resign with Rogers.
    10-14-10 02:55 PM
    My wobble is pretty minimal, but my battery cover squeaks in certain places when I hold the device firmly. It's really starting to annoy me -_-
    10-14-10 04:55 PM
    I went through the same thing. I went in to exchange my phone, but was told to call tech support for some "servicing number". I couldn't get a hold of them, so I went home and made the call the next day. After finally getting someone, I was then told that I have to go back to the original store (half an hour away from home, because all the closer locations were sold out on release day) so they could send their "vendor code" or whatever. So I went back yesterday, and was told to call tech support again because they were now out of stock. Once I told the clerk that I was told to go to the store so they could send some vendor code, he shook his head and said under his breath, "those lazy bastards...", which I did not find very professional.
    Either way, now I have to make a third trip out to resolve this colour banding issue I have with my phone (nevermind screen wobble). I don't really mind making three trips, as I could have called in to check stock, although they had a lot last week. The one thing that aggrivates me most is that this could have been resolved a week ago when they did have stock, but told me I had to call in. I'm sure they're trying to pass the buck off on one another, but I as the customer don't give a damn who (tech support or the retail store) has to do what. Just exchange my damn phone I got only two weeks ago! It's not hard!

Last edited by Masahiro; 10-14-10 at 05:07 PM.
    10-14-10 04:59 PM
    Rogers was good about exchanging mine. Was on the phone with tech for less than 5 minutes. Now, when the replacement finally arrives I can ony hope for the best. My wobble is terrible. You can shake the thing gently and feel the screen move. Don't know how many I'll try before getting something else....
    10-14-10 06:38 PM
    My wobble is pretty minimal, but my battery cover squeaks in certain places when I hold the device firmly. It's really starting to annoy me -_-
    Exactly the same for me. The wobble is minimal, it only wobbles when I make it, and sometimes, its quite fun, but i'm sure it's not good for the future. So I've been trying to stop.

The battery cover squeaking is driving me crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy! I believe it's from the gap where the sim card is. I want to stick something there, it's soo annoying.
    10-14-10 07:10 PM
    Battery squeak can usually be fixed very easily by just putting some electrical or masking tape in a certain location, on any phone.
    10-14-10 07:12 PM
    I'm waiting for a 2nd unit from Rogers but really now wondering if the wobble will come back. I mean it is a mechanical piece that is moving around. I think that it likely will only come back. A freind got a rock solid one and it is now wiggling.

I think I might take mine apart like the video that is in one of the other threads and tighten the 6 screws.
    10-14-10 11:31 PM
    any update on the third torch you got?
    10-15-10 06:46 AM
    Hasn't arrived yet :s. Getting delivered to my office, so hopefully there when I get in today. Will keep u posted.

10-15-10 07:06 AM
    both the torches I had had no wobble.. even when I try and make it wobble it wont move
    10-15-10 08:38 AM
    Whats this wobble? I have a torch and had no issues?
    10-15-10 09:26 AM
    No torch yet!?? Called them, was told and order request was "put in" but no tracking number available on file. Am on hold NOW, (for the last 56mins) with trace.... God how I wish AT&T was here in Canada. Rogers doesn't seem to get what customer service or satisfaction is. I've been with them since 2000, and have averaged $350/month on my services since then, which makes me a customer for 10yrs, that has spent over $42,000 NET in their services!!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!
    10-15-10 11:59 AM
    I find sometimes its worth hanging up on the rep if you can sense their incompetence and then calling back to get another, hopefully more competent rep.
    Called back 4 times before I decided to place the order for the Torch and the last woman was terrific. She personally called me to tell me that the Torch had been shipped and then called two days later to follow up and make sure that I had received it and there were no problems with it. She even gave me her email address in case I encounter any issues.
    I sent her an email today indicating how pleased I was with her service and asking her to forward this email to her supervisor.

FYI, not a big spender, $35/month for the last 3 years and only now jumped up to $65/month with the Torch.
    10-15-10 12:20 PM
    No torch yet!?? Called them, was told and order request was "put in" but no tracking number available on file. Am on hold NOW, (for the last 56mins) with trace.... God how I wish AT&T was here in Canada. Rogers doesn't seem to get what customer service or satisfaction is. I've been with them since 2000, and have averaged $350/month on my services since then, which makes me a customer for 10yrs, that has spent over $42,000 NET in their services!!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!
    Hang up, speak to retention, threaten to leave and quote this post.

That's ridiculous.
    10-15-10 12:32 PM
    You won't believe it..... I'm ******* pissed.... Got trace, after an hour and a half on hold, was asked for my info (for the 3rd time since I called) --- gave my postal, WAS TOLD IT WAS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THEY HAD ON FILE, AND THEY COULD NOT AUTHORIZE ME TO OPEN MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was told to transfer BACK to customer service, to have the postal codes match up!!!! Are you f-ing kidding me.....????? I'm done. **** these people. Hello BELL!!
    10-15-10 02:49 PM
    Yikes, Im on Bell and I've wanted to leave for the longest time and now all of a sudden im getting great customer service from them. Im having a **** of a time with Rogers for my Cable and Internet and never used to. They must have switched places in customer service because Bell is trying to keep customers and Rogers has so many now vs. a few years ago when Bell had the most customers
    10-15-10 03:26 PM
    ha I just left bell after almost 10 yrs... they are way worse in the cust serv dept
    10-15-10 03:31 PM
    Well I don't know WTF to do.... Bell Sucks, Rogers Sucks, Telus is Telus.... Maybe move to the US of A..... Gotta go buy a flak jacket though for that... hmmmmm
    10-15-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD