Got two Blackberry 9800 mobiles.

Got two T-Mobile Sims.

Restored one 9800 with selective settings from a 9700

Other 9800 was a regular sim swap with no restoration.

The 9800 that I restored is GPRS whereas the one that wasn't restored is on 3G (full bars). The only way I can change and get full 3G coverage is to do a manual scan and select the 3G network.

After selecting the manual 3G network, I've set the settings to not switch to automatic mode when manual is not available but the network always reverts back to GPRS.

If I perform a clean wipe, the phone picks up 3G no sweat so im guessing something in the restore has screwed this up.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get my 3G to work without wiping?
    02-05-11 02:52 PM
    Got two Blackberry 9800 mobiles.

Got two T-Mobile Sims.

Restored one 9800 with selective settings from a 9700

Other 9800 was a regular sim swap with no restoration.

The 9800 that I restored is GPRS whereas the one that wasn't restored is on 3G (full bars). The only way I can change and get full 3G coverage is to do a manual scan and select the 3G network.

After selecting the manual 3G network, I've set the settings to not switch to automatic mode when manual is not available but the network always reverts back to GPRS.

If I perform a clean wipe, the phone picks up 3G no sweat so im guessing something in the restore has screwed this up.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get my 3G to work without wiping?

Simplest answer is you won't get 3G.
    The torch is an AT&T 3G device which uses a different frequency compared T-mobile's 3G.
    AT&T Uses 850 mhz & 1900 Mhz for its 3G network.
    T-Mobile Uses 1700 mhz & 2100 Mhz for its 3G network.
    you will however get EDGE.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 02-05-11 at 05:26 PM.
    02-05-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD