I've noticed that when I have 3G & 2G available on my phone. I pretty much get no reception, no matter how many bars I have. The only thing I can do is make phone calls. When it's on 2G only, it works fine but is horribly slow. Any ideas why my phone is pretty much handicapped with 3G?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 10:25 AM
    Check your coverage area. A weak 3g signal will drop back to 2g.

Does it do this for all locations or just certain ones.
    07-29-11 10:44 AM
    All areas. It doesn't even drop to 2G. It'll just stay on 3G and be useless.

07-29-11 10:47 AM
    Is this a new phone? What OS are you on? How long has it been doing this?

Sounds like a problem with the device. If under warranty, I'd consider returning it.
    07-29-11 10:53 AM
    OS 6.0.0.600. I've had this phone since January and it has been doing this since 2 updates ago (about a month).

07-29-11 10:59 AM
    Hmm... odd. I'm on .600 too. Got a good 3G signal too.

Well, I can only suggest you try resending service books, or roll back the OS to the last know working version and see if that does it. Or call your carrier.

Good Luck....
    07-29-11 11:30 AM
    I tried pressing "Register Now" in the host routing options. It gives me a confirmation message saying that I'm register to the wireless network, and I get full 3G reception for about 20 seconds, then it goes back to how it was. When I'm on 3G, it says 3G in the top right corner, but there's no BB icon next to it.

07-29-11 01:32 PM
    No BB icon means you're not connected to BIS. Mine appears next to the 3G symbol until I connect on WiFi. Then it shifts to WiFi.

Do you have an "unlimited" data plan? Is it possible your carrier "downgrades" your connection after a certain download limit?
    07-29-11 01:44 PM
    My data plan is 500MB a month. If I go over the limit they just charge me per 5MB. My BB icon only appears when I'm conncted to WiFi, and that inconveniently isn't working today either.

07-29-11 02:56 PM
    After my last post my phone was working perfectly fine. Then I turned it off and I'm getting 3G with no BB icon again.

07-30-11 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD