Anyone know how to disable 3G and just use EDGE?
    08-12-10 08:34 PM
    It should be Manage Coonections, scroll to mobile network options, then scroll down to network mode. There it should say 2G or 2G and 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:04 PM
    It should be Manage Coonections, scroll to mobile network options, then scroll down to network mode. There it should say 2G or 2G and 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks. This phone is pretty awesome...and a little overwhelming trying to locate everything.
    08-12-10 11:31 PM
    I have a quick question for you: How are the browsing speeds on 2G compared to 3G? Is the difference major enough to warrant the battery drain of using 3G, or not very noticeable with RIM's servers compressing the websites (Opera Mini works great on EDGE)?
    08-13-10 12:28 AM
    I found the edge speed on the browser to be quite slow :/ Edge browsing seemed faster on my iPhone. I haven't tried the Opera mini browser. 3G browsing seemed pretty good overall.

At the time I was testing it, my edge speed was around 80-90kbps down. Best I see is about 150 kbps.
    08-13-10 12:35 AM
    Good to know. Thank you.
    08-13-10 12:51 AM
    I have a quick question for you: How are the browsing speeds on 2G compared to 3G? Is the difference major enough to warrant the battery drain of using 3G, or not very noticeable with RIM's servers compressing the websites (Opera Mini works great on EDGE)?
    I've been playing with it for a couple hours and I haven't seen much of a difference. Battery is great so far.
    08-13-10 12:59 AM
    Good to know. Thank you.

[Edit]Oops. Double post. The forums seem to be acting up...
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-13-10 at 01:15 AM.
    08-13-10 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD