My girlfriend had her phone stolen but it was replaced by insurance who sent her an unlocked phone.
    She put her 3 UK sim in and it said 'sim rejected'. The same sim works fine in another phone. I tried other sim cards from various operators and they worked fine. I rang 3 and they said to get a replacement sim but we have and this didn't solve the problem.
    Does anyone have a solution to this problem? The phone is definately unlocked and not barred as other sims work fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 02:17 PM
    No-one else come across this problem? Someone at 3 said it would be unlocked but "not unlocked to 3" and z"2g unlocked but not 3G" which sounds like bs to me!
    09-07-11 03:57 AM
    Yes, it is true that sometimes phones are not unlocked to the 3 UK network. To my knowledge however, this mostly only applies when you buy an unlock code to do it yourself. You must ensure that 3UK is included.

A device that comes sim free and unlocked should be unlocked to ALL networks so I would get in touch with the insurance company and have them send you a device that works on your chosen network.

The 2G/3G unlock thing is BS but have a look in the network settings and make sure you aren't set to 2G only, 3 do not have their own 2G network. This is unlikely to solve your issue but it is worth trying everything before speaking to the insurance company.
    09-07-11 04:52 AM
    Unlocked device is removing the SIM lock from it, it's actually shuold work with any GSM sim card because nothing is blocking it.

Go and see if all the lines that you see on the SIM card security screen (MEPD) are disabled.
    09-09-11 06:21 AM
    Today i found a blackberry storm on ebay saying "doesnt accept on 3 cards"
    May be is an issue of some bb's :z

What i recommend is purchase a unlock code on ebay for 1pound. If doesnt work u just loose 1pound. I worth to try! My opinion.

If u dont have ebay account contact me, send a personal message here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 08:15 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I checked and the phone was definitely fully unlocked and the phone should work fine on 3 as the phone she had stolen was also a Torch. We have sent it back to the insurance company so I'll post what happens with the replacement.
    09-09-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD