Hi Guys,

I've tried googling the problem I've just experienced but can't seem to find anyone else who has had the same issue. My icons have lost their colour.

From the top!

Taking a photo, the phone froze. Camera was still tracking the phone movement, but I couldn't exit the app, take a photo, go back to home screen - nada.

Did a soft reboot. When it came back on, the battery showed red which I'm assuming explains why it froze in the camera app.

But I found my icons changed to white ones when they had been coloured before that. Folders I have created and icons I've added (facebook, ymail etc) have retained their colour, but my browser icon, calendar icon etc are plain white instead of coloured as they were 30 mins ago. The icons haven't been "hidden" and aren't transparent. They're solid white.

I did a battery pull but it still hasn't changed back.

Any suggestions?

I have downloaded 1 theme in addition the one that comes with the phone and have had it on my phone for the past 2 days with coloured icons. This has just happened in the last 30 mins.

I would appreciate any suggestions or theories!
    12-21-10 05:29 AM
    Looks a lot like custom icons for a theme. Are they the icons you have for the theme?

You said you did a soft reset(alt + shift + del?), but have you tried an actual battery pull? With most themes it requires a battery pull to "set in" the icons and such. Looks to me like possibly the low battery made the OS go wonky for some reason, and start using the theme icons, or perhaps there supposed to be this way with the theme and you didn't do a battery pull on install to show them properly.
    Neeky likes this.
    12-21-10 05:35 AM
    Looks a lot like custom icons for a theme. Are they the icons you have for the theme?

You said you did a soft reset(alt + shift + del?), but have you tried an actual battery pull? With most themes it requires a battery pull to "set in" the icons and such. Looks to me like possibly the low battery made the OS go wonky for some reason, and start using the theme icons, or perhaps there supposed to be this way with the theme and you didn't do a battery pull on install to show them properly.
    Ahhh. Interesting! I didn't do a battery pull after installing the theme. The background etc changed, but as you pointed out, maybe the icons need a battery pull to install them.

I've switched back to the standard theme and the icons stayed the same. BUT I didn't do a battery pull then. So I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Thanks!
    12-21-10 05:39 AM
    Genius!! Like your namesake (Greek one, not Springfield one).

Something so simple.

I did a battery pull and all the icons returned to their original colour. I switched back to the new theme and they stayed coloured. But when I did a battery pull, they went white again. Which confirms your suspicion that it is the theme design for the icons.

It sux btw. So I'm gonna stick with the standard theme!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    12-21-10 05:48 AM
    I certainly wouldn't give up on themes. There are a lot of free and payed themes out right now that use the traditional UI(all the tabs), and ones that use only one tab like a traditional berry. I happen to like slate and metro by BBT design's, and EVO 4 by TDM designs.

Shamless plugs:

Metro v2.0

Slate by BBT design's

EVO 4G by TDM

Also have a browse through the screenshot thread for theme ideas.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/po...s-here-513295/
    12-21-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD