I had my Torch for less than 24hrs (upgrade from Storm).

Received by courier at 2.30pm yesterday.
    Charged it up, registered BBM, e-mail etc.

Sent 4 BB messges and then it all went wrong.
    When typing e-mails/BBM/texts, the phone selects keys on the left of the onscreen keypad. For example, if i select L, K, J, H, G, F or D, it always selected S

Reset phone, battery pull and it was ok for about an hour. Turned phone off till this morning, within an hour of use the on screen keyboard went wrong again. So bad that i couldnt dial 150 to speak to Orange, it would only type 146.
    Then it started to remove items form the "favorite" bar to the "all" bar. It started to occasionally slow down and freeze.

Got through to Orange.. i have to post it to them recorded delivery and then they will send a replacment.
    I cant be bothered with the hassle and i shouldnt have to do this with a new phone.

So im sticking with my trusty 2yr old Storm....... which is a shame because when the Torch was working, i loved it, a potentialy quick, slick phone.

I hope BB bring another touch screen phone out soon to replace my Storm, i just dont think the Torch is the one!
    Last edited by majorstare; 10-16-10 at 03:00 PM.
    10-16-10 02:47 PM
    Sorry that the Torch did not meet your needs. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be willing to work with your carrier and get the replacement Torch. Upgrade it to OS .246 and give a real try. Otherwise, no offense but you are not going to receive too much sympathy.
    10-16-10 03:46 PM
    OS .246 was installed.

Why i cancelled.... because i think BB have problems with the Torch.
    I have to post the phone (at my expense/recorded delivery), then book a day off work to wait for a replacement 4-7 days later (�5.00 worth of montly rental).
    10-16-10 03:57 PM
    I think yours is definately an isolated case because I haven't heard of anyone else having those screen issues you had..and although I guess the "hassle" of having to wait for a replacement might be a deal breaker to some..most people who have received their phones would consider it well worth that hassle
    10-16-10 04:12 PM
    This is definitely an isolated case that a firmware update would have undoubtedly fixed. Failing that a warranty swap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 06:06 PM
    Those are really odd things that are happening with your Torch. I strongly recommend you get a replacement Torch, because I can understand touchscreen keyboard inaccuracy on .141, but with an issue as extreme as yours it is clearly a unique happening like the others have said.

Just give it a chance. You liked it when it was working so why not give it a shot?
    10-16-10 09:17 PM
    OS .246 was installed.

Phone is going back tomorrow, contact is cancelled.

BUT............. i upgraded 2.5months early on my contract, so i'll see what offer i get when my contract is due...... i might return to the Torch.
    10-17-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD