anyone ever hear of a site called letstalk.com ? it is a site that cells wireless products. They are selling the TORCH for 99.99 - is this legit ?
    09-05-10 02:00 PM
    Google solves most of life's questions.

Letstalk.com Buyer Beware - CNET Cell phones Forums

I did a google search on " letstalk " and before I could enter anything else the 2nd option given to me was "letstalk scam"

or you can click here and see the search google came back with:

Google
    Last edited by Rikter; 09-05-10 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding more info
    09-05-10 02:03 PM
    anyone ever hear of a site called letstalk.com ? it is a site that cells wireless products. They are selling the TORCH for 99.99 - is this legit ?
    You're kidding, right?

Read the fine print before you deal with them.
    09-05-10 02:29 PM
    LetsTalk is simply a reseller like Wirefly, Amazon Wireless, Best Buy mobile, etc... They are selling the device for $99 because they receive commission for selling devices with new service plans. In order to get the phone at that price you have to agree to keep your plan pretty much the same for 6 months. If you cancel your plan or change it they lose their comission. If you cancel the plan you need to pay them an ETF in addtion to ATT's ETF. So if you don't plan on canceling for 6 months it is a good deal. I have bought new phones from Letstalk, Wirefly, and Amazon. I have never had any issues.

It looks like the device is $550.00 with no contract.

I also see people post that you don't get the same warranty when you buy the device from a 3rd party like Letstalk. That is not true. All new phones come with a 1 year warranty by RIM and the warranty is serviced by ATT. That means if you have an issue covered by warranty ATT will replace it.

I have seen a bunch of ignorant posts on this whole topic.
    Last edited by webdave; 09-05-10 at 04:08 PM.
    09-05-10 04:03 PM
    yes this is true BUT it has to be over 30 days before th warrenty kicks in...then you can get the device replaced by either of them but if it is under the 30 day limit you must sen dit back to the supplier(wirefly,letstalk,amazon) and they will give you a brand new phone plus charge you a fee to gaurentee a safe return of the defective phone...
    09-06-10 12:01 AM
    I'll bet if you buy 2 there is a string attaching them together....
    09-06-10 12:05 AM
    well I'll you guys this I have bought 3 BB from letstalk.com and I have had nothing but praise from them. They are cheaper than getting my BB from AT&T. I have had no problems from them and never was charged more than what was advertised. I'm a skeptic myself when it comes to online shopping, but they are legit and recognized as a verfied reseller with all phone companies. The first BB I bought on letstalk was my 8700c and even got a full rebate check back so my 1st phone was free and I have saved alot of money on the phones itself.
    Oh, and I just got my $99 Torch from them a few days ago, since my upgrade was due.
    09-06-10 10:54 AM
    well I'll you guys this I have bought 3 BB from letstalk.com and I have had nothing but praise from them. They are cheaper than getting my BB from AT&T. I have had no problems from them and never was charged more than what was advertised. I'm a skeptic myself when it comes to online shopping, but they are legit and recognized as a verfied reseller with all phone companies. The first BB I bought on letstalk was my 8700c and even got a full rebate check back so my 1st phone was free and I have saved alot of money on the phones itself.
    Oh, and I just got my $99 Torch from them a few days ago, since my upgrade was due.
    Glad it's worked out for you, but for many other people haven't been so lucky. And knock on wood. I paid $149 for my Torch and it's worth paying the extra fifty bucks to have a local point of contact. But to each his own.
    09-06-10 11:19 AM
    I got mine for 100 from this very site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 12:20 PM
    I got mine for 100 from this very site.

Actually you got it from Wirefly/Simplexity. Crackberry/Smartphone Experts store is just a front end for the above company.
    09-06-10 12:26 PM
    Well I stand corrected. I am also glad it has worked out for you, that's a very good price.
    09-06-10 04:38 PM
    Why would you want to deal with an unknown company like this when Wallmart.com and Amazon is selling the 9800 for the same price??

09-06-10 05:17 PM
    Why would you want to deal with an unknown company like this when Wallmart.com and Amazon is selling the 9800 for the same price??

+1... and Walmart is more of a "household" name so you won't be afraid to become screwed...
    09-06-10 05:47 PM
    +1... and Walmart is more of a "household" name so you won't be afraid to become screwed...
    Walmart's online cell phone department is powered by Letstalk. You are essentially buying from Letstalk if you purchase it online at Walmart. The phone will ship from Letstalk's warehouse and they do all the support and handle the returns. Wirefly and Letstalk are probably 2 of the largest 3rd party seller's of cell phones/plans.
    09-06-10 06:09 PM
    I've purchased from wirefly before. They're pretty easy to work with.

09-06-10 07:44 PM
    Walmart's online cell phone department is powered by Letstalk. You are essentially buying from Letstalk if you purchase it online at Walmart. The phone will ship from Letstalk's warehouse and they do all the support and handle the returns. Wirefly and Letstalk are probably 2 of the largest 3rd party seller's of cell phones/plans.
    Interesting, thanks for this info. I might have to place a call tomorrow to see if they ship north of the border.

Couldn't find anything on their website.
    09-06-10 10:53 PM

I dont see the Torch on the WalMart website...
    09-08-10 10:48 PM
    I dont see the Torch on the WalMart website...
    Look harder
    09-08-10 10:58 PM
    Look harder
    Hahahahaha!

09-12-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD