Here's my second theme for release for the 88xx series. Enjoy!

If you like, feel free to DL the .zip.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just fixed a banner issue with the message date getting chopped a little at the bottom. Feel free to reinstall via the .zip if you have already DL'ed it.
    Last edited by Wind_Danzer; 07-04-08 at 01:33 PM.
    07-04-08 04:10 AM
    I've got to give designing a set a try one of these days. Those are very cool Wind Danzer. Love the black/white/grey theme. Reminds me of the pic I found for one of my past wallpapers:
    07-04-08 04:55 AM
    That's a killer pic, do you mind if I jump on that and use it sometime down the road?
    07-04-08 12:31 PM
    That's a killer pic, do you mind if I jump on that and use it sometime down the road?
    Not mine to mind. I just happened to stumble across it. But if you ever do use it, let me know. I'd love to see that incorporated into a theme
    07-05-08 03:52 AM

If you like, I will make a zip for you. I believe the 88xx and the 83xx are interchangable. All the other screnes are still the same.
    07-05-08 03:03 PM
    Thats sweet looking. Yeah if you dont mind, I would use that theme. Very cool...
    07-06-08 03:30 AM
    how do i get this theme for the 8320 please send info on how to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 12:24 PM
    brooklyn,

I don't do OTA just zipz so you would need to DL the zip above in the first post and then open blackberry's desktop manager and go to applications to load the theme in it.

Follow the prompts and bingo, just go to themes on your phone and find "Blackout".

ever,

I'll get it up later today. I have some running around to do today.
    07-06-08 12:50 PM
    Installed it and it really compliments the look of my Titanium, thank you so much.

One small problem: since installing this theme, the menu for Opera Mini (4.1) is kinda wonky. When I'm using OM and press the menu key, the menu flashes up for a split second and immediately disappears, making it impossible to use the menu. This behaviour stops when I go back to my old boring theme.

Any idea how I can fix this?

If it helps, I'm on an 8320 using 4.2.2.180
    07-06-08 02:00 PM
    Salient,

On my 88xx I have not had this issue. It could be because you have a different application (Opera mini) which I don't believe I have.

Let me ask this on the other Theme board I use.

I am relatively new to themeing so hopefully some of the old timers will be able to get me that answer.

Thanks for complimenting the theme though.
    07-06-08 07:50 PM
    Pics don't work Edited: Now they do. Nice Theme Looks Great
    Last edited by spoocobra; 07-07-08 at 02:26 AM.
    07-06-08 10:29 PM
    ever,

I'll get it up later today. I have some running around to do today.
    Cool. I'll look forward to trying it out
    07-07-08 09:39 AM
    Cool. I'll look forward to trying it out
    Here you go, sorry it took till morning!
    07-07-08 11:02 AM
    Nice theme.
    07-07-08 11:06 AM
    Downloading now....Thanks!
    07-07-08 08:16 PM
    Looks great! Installed w/out a problem. The silvery icons look good with the titanium/grey/black theme. Only had one issue, and that was with a third party app. I found when Using Opera Mini, there's an issue with the menu. When you try to pull up the menu to access bookmarks, options, etc; the menu flashes on the screen for a split second, then disappears and wont stay showing. I did check, and the BB browser doesn't have that issue, only Opera.
    Not a major issue, but makes using Opera kind of hard. Otherwise, seems great. Thanks for putting that together!
    07-07-08 11:42 PM
    Ok, so it is more or less the program then.

I am still waiting to get a few more answers on the other site I posted to and will see if they can thing of anything else.
    07-08-08 12:17 AM
    Certain 3rd party apps (namely Opera Mini) don't work well with themes that use transparent menus. I learned this a few months ago when I originally released my theme, 'Light Show'. In general, Plazmic 4.2.2 doesn't really work well with transparent menus or dialogue boxes, once the theme is exported. Really your only options to make your theme fully compatible with 3rd party apps like Opera are to either switch your menus to solid ones or wait until the new theme builder is made available to the general public, as the bugs with transparencies are apparently going to be fixed in the the new software. Hope this helps.
    07-08-08 01:16 AM
    Thanks Betty Davis!

It's too bad that some poeple are going to have issues. I guess I'll make sure that I put in the discription the fact I have some transparent items from this time on.
    07-08-08 09:10 AM
    Yeah, it was definately only the 3rd party browser...worked without a hitch on the native browser. Thanks again.
    07-08-08 03:58 PM

If you like, I will make a zip for you. I believe the 88xx and the 83xx are interchangable. All the other screnes are still the same.
    Wow! How about this for an 8130!
    07-13-08 11:33 PM
    I would love a zip of this! pin:2440881d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 11:44 PM
    All the zips are in this thread already. If you mean OTA, sorry don't know really how to do it.

As for an 81xx theme... I will think about it. Normally I just do 88xx themes.
    07-14-08 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD