I'm trying to tweak my theme a bit and was trying to figure out why there are two email notification icons (see image). I even colored them differently and sent myself an email to each email address as well as a text and it seems only one (the blue one) displays in the banner. Can anyone tell me the reason there are two and what the second (red) one is for?

Thanks.
    12-30-09 11:29 AM
    Maybe PIN messages?
    12-30-09 11:31 AM
    Would a PIN message be the same as a message from BBM? If not, then what is a PIN message and how would I test?

Thanks.

Maybe PIN messages?
    12-30-09 11:57 AM
    PIN is BlackBerry to BlackBerry only, go to one of your contacts, hit menu, send PIN message. It will show in your "Messages" folder and the font is solid red. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Yes, it's kinda like BBM, but in email form...
    12-30-09 12:19 PM
    Nope. Had three people send me a PIN message/email and the blue folder appeared again. Still confused!

Thanks.
    12-30-09 01:40 PM
    2 email accounts ? i have 2 on mine because i have 2 email accounts set up
    12-30-09 02:25 PM
    Nope. That's not it either. I have three email accounts on my BB and sent an email to each of the three and only the blue envelope appeared. The same with a text and PIN. It's there for a reason, but I con't figure out what.

Thanks.

2 email accounts ? i have 2 on mine because i have 2 email accounts set up
    12-30-09 03:30 PM
    maybe Level 1 messages
    12-30-09 08:29 PM
    OK, I'm game. What's a level 1 message and how would I test that?

Thanks.

maybe Level 1 messages
    12-30-09 09:06 PM
    OK, I'm game. What's a level 1 message and how would I test that?

Thanks.
    Level 1 Messaging is used to differentiate between regular emails and normal emails. So for example you want to be notified right away when your boss emails. You can set any email from your boss be marked as Level 1 and in the "Profiles" menu set a different ring tone for Level 1 messages.
    12-31-09 09:12 AM
    OK, I'll test that out then. Question; instead of email from a specific person, can I just make an entire email inbox a level 1? I have three
    inboxes and would like to give one of them level 1 status. Is this possible or is level 1 only for individual emails?

Thanks.

Level 1 Messaging is used to differentiate between regular emails and normal emails. So for example you want to be notified right away when your boss emails. You can set any email from your boss be marked as Level 1 and in the "Profiles" menu set a different ring tone for Level 1 messages.
    12-31-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD