06-23-09 02:51 AM
47 12
tools
    OK, this is probably a stupid question, but here goes: why does no one ever post the .thm files for the themes they post? I've seen some really cool themes that I'd like to tweak just a little bit, but the only things that are posted are either alx/cod files or a link to over-the-air installation. Is there some reason that people never post their .thm files? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?
    thanks -
    10-09-08 06:03 PM
    Why would people want to spend a bunch of time on a theme, just to hand over all the source? Also some theme creators require a small donation to customize.

It's not like they have to hand it over, so why would they?
    10-09-08 06:08 PM
    I still don't get it - what's the difference between spending a lot of time on a theme and then posting it for anyone to use, vs. posting the actual .thm file for anyone to use? Doesn't make sense -
    10-09-08 06:57 PM
    What's the difference between posting a compiled executable and posting source code?

If you don't know the difference I don't know what to tell you...
    10-09-08 07:13 PM
    Why would people want to spend a bunch of time on a theme, just to hand over all the source? Also some theme creators require a small donation to customize.

It's not like they have to hand it over, so why would they?
    Exactly, why would I spend a few hrs/days making a theme only to post the .thm for someone else to download, change one thing and go posting it as their own. I put the time in...then you have the other theme makers as stated make a lil cash off their work and no one can blame them for that, why would they cut off a small amnt of income they could be making for their time spent?
    10-09-08 10:03 PM
    Exactly, why would I spend a few hrs/days making a theme only to post the .thm for someone else to download, change one thing and go posting it as their own. I put the time in...then you have the other theme makers as stated make a lil cash off their work and no one can blame them for that, why would they cut off a small amnt of income they could be making for their time spent?
    Yeah... exactly!!
    10-09-08 10:10 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself...
    10-09-08 10:17 PM
    What's the difference between posting a compiled executable and posting source code?

No need to be a smartass, Papped. Of course I know the difference between souce and compiled code - if you don't want to help, just kindly disregard the post, don't bother showing how clever you are.
    10-09-08 11:47 PM
    Why dont you ask they guys over at bplay?
    10-10-08 01:38 AM
    Well said.
    10-10-08 01:47 AM
    Why dont you ask they guys over at bplay?
    LOL - Satan needs ice skates, it's freezing down here!
    10-10-08 08:21 AM

and the purpose of that post was........
    10-10-08 08:26 AM
    No need to be a smartass, Papped. Of course I know the difference between souce and compiled code - if you don't want to help, just kindly disregard the post, don't bother showing how clever you are.
    It's a parallel. I'm not being smartass. You are asking for the .thm file which is the "sourcecode" of a theme.

Someone wants to leapfrog off someone else's work obviously so they can put in minimal effort. So even if I was being a smartass I could care less.
    10-10-08 02:40 PM
    I don't like it and I am not going to play along, you will never get any of my source code.....Blah.....

Some people.....

Also Blaze made some very good points, maybe you should consider it.
    10-10-08 02:44 PM
    Way to have an open source community spirit... haha.
    10-18-08 08:20 PM
    retracting my original post...i posted 3 thm files on pimpmyberry...
    Last edited by StevenInSTL; 01-27-09 at 11:35 PM.
    10-18-08 09:35 PM
    I agree... though I don't have many themes, the ones I do have, I tried to make 'different' and I wouldn't want someone else changing one tiny thing, and then marketing it as their original work... whether or not they offer it for free. I spent a lot of time and effort on the few themes I have made so far.
    10-18-08 10:03 PM
    I gave out my work. Two of the projects sucked 2days out of my life, what does everyone else have to say?

88xx/83xx:CopyCat Flick N' Slide Prototype -- 4.5 Only! - PinStack.com Forums
    PinStack.com Forums - View Single Post - 83xx/88xx: A Bold CopyCat

Flick N' Slide Tutorial - PinStack.com Forums

Custom bottom docks. - PinStack.com Forums
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-20-08 at 01:33 AM. Reason: edited links due too user post count
    10-20-08 01:08 AM
    a couple of those items are already available to anyone that downloads themebuilder.

Also..good luck with the "don't sell it" line.

I provided hundreds of icons that I made about 45% of...recolored them in like 6 different variations...posted them on an old forum..with the note..for users to make FREE themes with...cept some took it upon themselves to release "premium" themes.

People will take advanatage of anyone...
    10-20-08 08:57 AM
    Pinpoint makes awesome themes. Him and Dr. Devious.
    10-20-08 08:58 AM
    You rock Pinpoint. I'm new to making themes and someone was kind enough to share their theme files with me so I could learn and now I can share with someone else. I don't need to make themes to make money so in my opinion it's really not that big of a deal. Somethings you just have to help others...Incredible!
    01-27-09 01:34 PM
    I posted about 5 thm files so far... Its the only some will learn theme builder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 04:48 PM
    and to add to it all, here is some more fun stuff explained!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/hi...lained-123380/
    01-27-09 04:50 PM
    I might post a few of my .thm files. I am not doing anything with them. I don't care who uses them for what. You think you can make a few bucks off of my work, go for it.
    01-27-09 04:59 PM
    I've posted 3 of my .thm files on pimpmyberry...just enough information to help the budding theme developers.
    01-27-09 07:04 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD