08-19-08 08:42 AM
49 12
tools
    I am a 100% a today theme kind of person

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 08:47 PM
    Today themes are so Windows Mobile

I'd like it too but.......there are reasons I have a BB over WM.

08-05-08 08:54 PM
    Well to help prove me wrong--can someone post a decent today theme on this thread, for the 8300 with 4.5?

Anyone?
    Have you ever felt like you were being ignored?
    Yeah, you can say "hey gonzy have you tried searching for them"
    But here's my anology--searched long enough and just got crap in return. Maybe by me calling out some theme builders the will come to me--LOL!
    Silly I know but hey what are forums for?
    08-05-08 11:07 PM
    Abe, I have that one (but thank you). I just am extremely girly and love the girly themes also. Like the today one I'm using now (thanks Nancy!) is Hello Kitty and Nancy even put in a Kitty mouse! Love it. It's one she put up on Blue Room.
    Trust me, I'm not complaining about the developers, just shamelessly begging, lol.
    08-05-08 11:09 PM
    Obviously I used the incorrect wording.
    I just haven't found very many "free" themes that I have liked. I prefer themes that are font specific to what the device is set at.
    pearly--I would like to see what you have available in 4.5
    Thanks
    I've installed several themes in which the font just didnt work for me. For example, I have my mail to display on two lines; but when the font is taller than the space provided, instead of me seeing my mail on two lines, I need 2 1/2.

That's really been my main gripe with themes. If the font doesnt work for me, it throws the entire theme way off.
    08-05-08 11:11 PM
    Scandalex, consider me an id**t - what do you mean by having it set to display on 2 lines?
    08-05-08 11:14 PM
    Another vote for the Today Plus theme - all the good of the today theme (messages and calender appts on the home screen) with icons on the side with a flick of the trackball. OP - check out this thread - I got my theme through there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dim...ay-plus-52048/
    Abe~ I didnt used to like Today+ Now I am loving it.
    08-05-08 11:14 PM
    I've installed several themes in which the font just didnt work for me. For example, I have my mail to display on two lines; but when the font is taller than the space provided, instead of me seeing my mail on two lines, I need 2 1/2.

That's really been my main gripe with themes. If the font doesnt work for me, it throws the entire theme way off.
    My point exactly!
    Thank you!
    Its almost like we have to settle with the free themes out there.
    "Well its a cool theme but the font is to small or big"
    or "gosh I'd really like to change the main screen around--nope can't do that either"
    Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are some decent thems out there but not many from what I've seen.
    08-05-08 11:22 PM
    My point exactly!
    Thank you!
    Its almost like we have to settle with the free themes out there.
    "Well its a cool theme but the font is to small or big"
    or "gosh I'd really like to change the main screen around--nope can't do that either"
    Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are some decent thems out there but not many from what I've seen.
    Ok, this is where you're sadly mistaken. You dont have to settle for free themes. You can always buy them!! Please dont think for a moment that I only have free themes. I paid for a considerable amount of premium themes- the downside to that is that I dont know what its going to look like on my Curve until after I've bought it. Even the premium themes- if the font is too big, I just dont use it.

Dont get me wrong, it's not that I have money to give away; but if I like something I buy it. I havent come across any premium themes that let you try before buy.

I dont know how long you have been looking for "decent." I dont know you so I dont know what you like or dislike; but there are MANY theme sites; I'm sure you'll find something you like.

If its that big an issue pleasing you, you can always use the ones that came with your phone and just change your paper.

As far as not being able to move icons around in the main screen, that is a limitation of the theme software and not the theme maker just doing something to get on your nerves.
    08-05-08 11:40 PM
    Good point!
    I have purchased a lot of themes as well.
    Maybe its a character flaw of mine--LOL
    08-05-08 11:46 PM
    Tinger that just means they have no free themes to give away when U get that message. I usually check that site when other ppl start talking about something that sweet & available for download.

08-06-08 12:34 AM
    Ok, this is where you're sadly mistaken. You dont have to settle for free themes. You can always buy them!! Please dont think for a moment that I only have free themes. I paid for a considerable amount of premium themes- the downside to that is that I dont know what its going to look like on my Curve until after I've bought it. Even the premium themes- if the font is too big, I just dont use it.
    That is actually the benefit of free themes over 'Premiums'. A free theme builder is more likely to change something to your liking if you approach them about it. In the custom themes I've made for people, after I get the initial build done we go back and forth until they are satisfied with the theme.
    08-06-08 01:21 AM
    That is actually the benefit of free themes over 'Premiums'. A free theme builder is more likely to change something to your liking if you approach them about it. In the custom themes I've made for people, after I get the initial build done we go back and forth until they are satisfied with the theme.
    Kronk~ I appreciate what you are saying. That may be something you do, but I hope no one reads this and thinks that the maker of a FREE theme HAS to make changes to suit individual taste- thats where custom themes come in and I dont consider custom themes in this scenario because well- its custom and that self explanatory.

I just dont think anyone should put down the work of the free theme makers because frankly, its just wrong. Like you, they want to give to the community and I cant helped but be bugged when I read some of these post that come off sounding like something is owed.

No one is forced to use free or premium themes; but whichever one they use- if it was free, what they b*tching about? It didnt cost a dime!
    08-06-08 07:57 AM
    Scandalex, consider me an id**t - what do you mean by having it set to display on 2 lines?
    Kells~ The 1st line is the subject- 2nd line, who it was sent by. I've tried the one line look at it just seemed cluttered and sloppy to me.
    08-06-08 07:59 AM
    Gonzy,
    Check out my theme, wallpaper and ringtone site and i'll make a custom theme for you in any way you like. have images in mind, let me know.
    BlackLightThemes.com. i dislocated my shoulder 2 days ago, once it heals up im going to start taking requests for themes. since you seem so unhappy with free themes that youve found, ill hook ya up now. by the way, premium themes will be found on my sight, but i will never ever charge for them. ive decided this is my art and my hobby! i already have a job!
    08-06-08 08:16 AM
    Kronk~ I appreciate what you are saying. That may be something you do, but I hope no one reads this and thinks that the maker of a FREE theme HAS to make changes to suit individual taste- thats where custom themes come in and I dont consider custom themes in this scenario because well- its custom and that self explanatory.

I just dont think anyone should put down the work of the free theme makers because frankly, its just wrong. Like you, they want to give to the community and I cant helped but be bugged when I read some of these post that come off sounding like something is owed.

No one is forced to use free or premium themes; but whichever one they use- if it was free, what they b*tching about? It didnt cost a dime!
    Lex, you and I are on the same page there.
    08-06-08 09:02 AM
    Gonzy,
    Check out my theme, wallpaper and ringtone site and i'll make a custom theme for you in any way you like. have images in mind, let me know.
    BlackLightThemes.com. i dislocated my shoulder 2 days ago, once it heals up im going to start taking requests for themes. since you seem so unhappy with free themes that youve found, ill hook ya up now. by the way, premium themes will be found on my sight, but i will never ever charge for them. ive decided this is my art and my hobby! i already have a job!

Akakios
    Thank you for the invite!
    I will look into it and get back with you ...
    08-06-08 02:18 PM
    Or as stated before, DL Plazmic and build your own! Then you can be as picky as you want and get it excactly how YOU want it. Not how the person who put in all the time and effort of actually building a free theme wanted it.
    08-06-08 03:07 PM
    Gonzy,
    Errr... I know this wasn't directed to me (hi - remember the OP ), but I did check out your site and it's really cool. I definitely bookmarked it.
    08-06-08 04:35 PM
    Errr... I know this wasn't directed to me (hi - remember the OP ), but I did check out your site and it's really cool. I definitely bookmarked it.
    I thought I recognized that name! Thanks for stopping by! Everyone is welcome and everything is free!
    08-06-08 06:42 PM
    I checked it out and love the snot out of it. Rocking your "Gave You My Heart" right now.

08-06-08 06:45 PM
    I'm sure you know of this one. Or maybe its already been posted in this thread. But I use the Dimension Today Plus theme. This is a thread i started a while back. too lazy to read through all of the pages

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dim...ay-plus-52048/

I definitely prefer the Today theme!
    08-06-08 06:49 PM
    I only use today and today plus themes. It makes no difference to me if i see my wallpaper or not.
    08-18-08 11:45 PM
    I am sure if there is somebody on the crackberry forums that can make a today theme with no problems at all. If you have the theme for the ZEN, then give them the wallpaper and icons from the ZEN theme and they can transfer to a today theme. (at least I think that can be done). I just made a theme for mine (zen) and loving it........I am sure it is not to hard for me to transfer it to a today theme.........again haven't tried it but willing.

RSNORTHERN
    08-19-08 08:42 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD