08-19-08 08:42 AM
49 12
tools
    I can't use zen themes. I NEED to be able to see my calendar and missed calls or else I'll totally forget about them. But I like cool (and whimsical and pretty) themes too! However, almost all the themes are made in zen format, w/ the exception of a few. Is there a reason that those of us who like/need/want Today themes have to search so hard for them?
    08-04-08 11:39 PM
    I think its simply because the zen themes are far more popular.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 11:42 PM
    That sucks. I'm sure I'm not the only person who likes the today themes. Or judging by the amount of them, I'm wrong.
    08-04-08 11:47 PM
    I like today themes, but I prefer to be able to see my wallpaper and have icons on the side. I like the cleaner look of the zen themes. Have you tried nancydrewthemes.com? She has a lot of pretty ones!

08-04-08 11:49 PM
    I like Today themes too, but the Zen and L themes are far more popular because you can see the background more. I like the idea of more background more, but without my calendar on my homescreen I am lost!
    08-05-08 12:06 AM
    I like today themes, but I prefer to be able to see my wallpaper and have icons on the side. I like the cleaner look of the zen themes. Have you tried nancydrewthemes.com? She has a lot of pretty ones!

Jenay, I love Nancy's themes. I also like Jccalandra. I have Nancy's punk Hello Kitty as my theme right now, actually!

shooptek, lost is not even the word for me. w/o my calendar, I'm useless.
    08-05-08 12:36 AM
    I love em too, and am also currently using one of her themes. I will keep my eye out for pretty today themes for you.

08-05-08 12:37 AM
    You are so sweet!
    08-05-08 12:38 AM
    Today themes work the best for me as well ...
    Also any free themes are just junk these days. The fonts are a pain in the *** and generally not very user friendly. Maybe I'm just picky--Vodfone white/red theme has been my favorite for about a year now.
    08-05-08 01:03 AM
    Also any free themes are just junk these days.
    Wow. No love for theme builders, eh?
    08-05-08 01:18 AM
    I made a theme that is today-ish...i wouldn't consider it junk...have a look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/83x...top-zen-54635/

its for 4.2+ but I can export it to 4.5 if you'd like
    08-05-08 03:31 AM
    I made a theme that is today-ish...i wouldn't consider it junk...have a look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/83x...top-zen-54635/

its for 4.2+ but I can export it to 4.5 if you'd like
    Obviously I used the incorrect wording.
    I just haven't found very many "free" themes that I have liked. I prefer themes that are font specific to what the device is set at.
    pearly--I would like to see what you have available in 4.5
    Thanks
    08-05-08 07:44 AM
    Yh I was thinking the exact same thing. There are soo many nice zen themes which I would love if there well made into today theme. I normally use zen but since I started my new job at the aiport, I figured it would be best to put my roster in the calendar instead of referring to paper all the time

08-05-08 08:29 AM
    I havent made a theme in about a week or two, maybe ill give a today theme a shot!
    08-05-08 09:05 AM
    I have the PS3 theme that is floating around--used it for one day only.
    Had it been a today style theme I probably would still be using it--just sayin.
    08-05-08 09:29 AM
    Today themes work the best for me as well ...
    Also any free themes are just junk these days. The fonts are a pain in the *** and generally not very user friendly. Maybe I'm just picky--Vodfone white/red theme has been my favorite for about a year now.
    Aw. Now this isn't fair. There are a lot of great free themes out there if you take the time to look. As mentioned above, Nancy Drew's themes are tops as far as I (or anyone else) am concerned. I have never once payed for a theme, as I think it's a waste of money personally, and all my themes have been nothing but awesome.
    08-05-08 09:34 AM
    Well to help prove me wrong--can someone post a decent today theme on this thread, for the 8300 with 4.5?

Anyone?
    Last edited by Gonzy88; 08-05-08 at 10:08 AM.
    08-05-08 10:04 AM
    I really like the Today Plus theme on mobile.blackberry.com that I got for free.
    08-05-08 03:08 PM
    I really like the Today Plus theme on mobile.blackberry.com that I got for free.
    Went to the link with my BB and still getting the following message:

Sorry, no themes are currently available for your BlackBerry device and OS.

Guess nobody has links to offer/support the theory of "decent" free themes.
    08-05-08 03:15 PM
    I can't use zen themes. I NEED to be able to see my calendar and missed calls or else I'll totally forget about them. But I like cool (and whimsical and pretty) themes too! However, almost all the themes are made in zen format, w/ the exception of a few. Is there a reason that those of us who like/need/want Today themes have to search so hard for them?
    I would not mind sharing but I do not know how to upload them. Actually I do not know how to show screen shots so that a person would know if they were interested and find it was worth downloading. If I could do that one things you would have more today themes than you could shake a stick at. My themes will work on the 8300 and 8800 series. If someone could give me instructions on how to get screen shot and save them I would share gladly.
    08-05-08 03:20 PM
    I too am a Today Theme person who can't seem to find any. Also, I have an additional problem...I have PEARL. Most of the theme's I find are for 8300 +.
    08-05-08 03:45 PM
    Another vote for the Today Plus theme - all the good of the today theme (messages and calender appts on the home screen) with icons on the side with a flick of the trackball. OP - check out this thread - I got my theme through there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dim...ay-plus-52048/
    08-05-08 03:50 PM
    I am a Today person, and would like to see more of them if they are ones that I like to have. Everyones tastes are different. I always look for Today first then Zen, but have come across the mix of Today and Zen mix which really works for me.
    08-05-08 04:56 PM
    How are them nice, neat, cool, great free themes coming along?
    Huh?
    No?
    That's what I thought!

08-05-08 06:26 PM
    How are them nice, neat, cool, great free themes coming along?
    Huh?
    No?
    That's what I thought!
    How's the downloading of Plazmic and creating nice, neat, cool, great free themes to share with all of us coming along?
    Huh?
    No?
    08-05-08 06:28 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD