So I made a theme yesterday and resized all the homescreen icons one being the weather icon. It appears it doesnt update because it has been resized. I also put the weather icon on the lock screen, but kept it default size and it updates fine...

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue or is it just something not possible at the moment?
    06-03-09 07:36 AM
    So I made a theme yesterday and resized all the homescreen icons one being the weather icon. It appears it doesnt update because it has been resized. I also put the weather icon on the lock screen, but kept it default size and it updates fine...

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue or is it just something not possible at the moment?
    Have you resize the icon background too ? (The rectangle area surrounding the icon )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:56 AM
    From what I know, you cannot resize any icon that you want to update. So if you want a weather icon you must designate a spot for it and leave it at full size.
    06-03-09 08:37 AM
    From what I know, you cannot resize any icon that you want to update. So if you want a weather icon you must designate a spot for it and leave it at full size.
    That's what I am beginning to realize. The small weather icon is not updating, nor does Facebook, Messenger, Messages, etc in the bottom dock all because they are not the default icon size. Pretty stupid if you ask me - that is something Plazmic needs to fix.

The other thing I noticed was I just got a Facebook 'hit'. The little Facebook message icon in the top banner wont go away now. I wouldn't think the icon resizing of this would affect the 'unread icons', because the normal text message one works fine.

Anyone have an answer for that one?
    06-03-09 09:21 AM
    any updates on this error?
    08-16-09 09:55 PM
    Plazmic can't fix this, as there's nothing to fix. The icons are redrawn by the app when it updates. If you have told the OS to use the wrong size icon to display it will, but the app will not redraw it at the size you want. You would have to rewrite the app and tell it to use new resources when updating.

As for the banner issue, that's something on facebooks end. It told the OS to show a new msg, and for some reason didn't tell it when the message is no longer new. App world does this a lot as well.

08-16-09 10:25 PM
    would it be possible for an app to be running in the background that sees when other apps icons gets redrawn and resize them to fit on the home screen? or any such other crazy idea

also, would you possible know why in my custom theme, when i change my homescreen background, my application background changes also
    08-16-09 10:39 PM
    Your idea isn't crazy at all. If someone were to write an app that acts as a handler and made the icons in an external data folder, the user could change and name them appropriately and he handler app would draw what the user defined. Very much like a Vista Sidebar Gadget. I'm sure an app developer could build on the idea.

As for your question, I'm not sure. Ill poke around in Plazmic a bit and see what I can find out.

08-16-09 11:37 PM
    i hope someone comes up with a solution or an app,

but until then, would it be possible for a theme to refresh and recreate the icons?? like perhaps in the sdk/composer have code saying "every time you go out of a lock state, refresh the icons" or "every 10 minutes ...." or the such

i suppose this idea has been thought of before, but just had to ask
    08-17-09 02:17 PM
    Nothing like that is built into plazmic unfortunatley.

08-17-09 08:50 PM
    hate to even ask, but if composer uses svg, cant a skilled svg programmer just incorporate a Redraw, ForceRedraw, or Refresh into the code itself?
    08-18-09 03:41 AM
    Let's find out . I'm not what I would call a skilled svg programmer, but I can hand code one, have some references here, and do know where to look in a Plazmic sample. You never know, it just might work exactly like you're thinking.

I'll report my findings here of course.

08-18-09 01:01 PM

hope itll work
    08-18-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD