I have downloaded some themes recently and have had some problems with them. I was wondering if there are settings I can easily change to adjust them.

I have a Curve 8330 and had OS 4.5.0.66 now I have 4.5.0.77 and have ran into the same problems on both OS.

1st my new favorite theme called "JokerDK" - which is of the Joker from the new Batman movie (I got it from Nancy drew themes), does not show all 6 icons on the bottom dock, it leaves a blank space on the bottom. Is there any reason why this would happen?

2nd another theme I like that I got from eVeek, called "Classy Corners L" or one of the other varieties of the theme such as "Classy Corners Zen" has major problems with my Opera Mini browser. When I am on one of the "Classy Corners" themes and I push the menu button while in Opera mini, the menu shows for a split second then dissapears. If I use any other theme this doesn't happen.

3rd Some themes I have found have a very light font when using the Facebook application, which makes it very difficult to use. Is there any way to fix it?
    10-06-08 03:13 PM
    It could be that the themes you wish to use are not compatible with 4.5.
    10-06-08 03:19 PM
    1. The missing icon is most like likely the SMS/MMS icon and is usually attributed to whether or not you have your inboxes separated (Messages>Options>General Options...scroll to 'SMS and Email Inboxes' and choose to 'Seperate' the inboxes...the icon should appear now.)

2. Flickering menus is attributed to the use of transparent menus in a theme. The only workaround is for the theme builder to switch the transparent menus with solid ones.

3. When using menus that are dark/black, most theme builders choose white as a good contrasting font color. But as a result, certain third party apps that come equipped with their own (lighter color) menus and the theme's original menu font color (white) is still displayed, thus making the font nearly illegible until highlighted. The only real workaround is to either look for themes that use lighter color menus and darker fonts or with themes that do use dark/black menus, make sure that they use a font color something other than white (e.g. blue or green).
    10-06-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD