Ive saved some themes onto my memory card to save space, but now I'm not sure how I load them off the media card to actaully use them. I have no problems accessing pics that I have on there, but I'm not sure of the process on how to access and use the themes. Thanks!
    10-22-08 12:24 PM
    As far as I know... themes have to be in system memory and installed properly and can't just be loaded from sd storage whenever you want to.
    10-22-08 01:56 PM
    System items can not be saved on a media card. Only various media items can.

Themes do fall under the system items category.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 02:01 PM
    That's not necessarily true I have themes I use on my memory card I use aerize card loader to load themes on my card then iuse the themes as usual

10-22-08 02:15 PM
    That's not necessarily true I have themes I use on my memory card I use aerize card loader to load themes on my card then iuse the themes as usual
    Yes they can be "saved to the media card" but they can't be run from the media card.
    According to the makers of aerize card loader, even though you have the themes/apps on your media card, when you use the loader, it does in fact install the themes/apps into the device memory. So there will be a installable version the card and an installed version in the device memory.

And having loaded any theme/app from the media card, using aerize card loader, and you remove the media card. POOF the theme/app is still alive and well on the device, just like you had installed it using the Apploader on the compuer or OTA.

The only binnie here is being able to download and save as many themes as you'd like on the media card so you can swap them out without using your computer or having to find the OTA site to download them each time you want to load them.
    10-22-08 03:16 PM
    Where can I find this aerize card loader b/c I want to save my themes, just in case I nuke my bb, or two even load onto another

10-28-08 09:46 PM
    how can i save a theme to a memory card? i don't want to delete it but just put it away for safe keeping. thanks!
    11-09-08 09:23 PM
    Is this still the case? I can only seem to keep and load themes from device memory...
    12-16-09 12:04 PM
    I have a ton of themes saved to my memory card, but I found a work-around to do this.

There is a neat little utility program called OTA Downloader and all you do is enter the original OTA .jad address into this program and it creates an entire theme file with all the .cods and a new .jad file for the theme. Then you just put this folder on your card and when you want to run this theme, you find the folder and use the new .jad file to install the theme onto the phone. It works great and I find that after I arrange the icons how I like them, even if I uninstall the theme from phone memory and then later re-install it from the card, the icons are still in that arranged position.

This is great also for backing up any OTA themes you have purchased or downloaded onto your PC for safekeeping.

Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop
    Last edited by dollface54; 12-16-09 at 12:24 PM.
    12-16-09 12:20 PM
    Is this still the case? I can only seem to keep and load themes from device memory...
    To answer your question, yes. It is only possible to RUN themes and other apps from the device memory. You can save non-media items (like themes) onto the memory card but to use them, they have to be installed on the phone's device memory.

Basically the SD card is just storage for everything not media related. It's still pretty handy to save them on the card but you do have to install the theme to use it on the phone.

As far as I know...
    12-16-09 01:30 PM
    To answer your question, yes. It is only possible to RUN themes and other apps from the device memory. You can save non-media items (like themes) onto the memory card but to use them, they have to be installed on the phone's device memory.

Basically the SD card is just storage for everything not media related. It's still pretty handy to save them on the card but you do have to install the theme to use it on the phone.

As far as I know...
    Oh ok yeah, this makes total sense. Thanks
    12-18-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD