Has anyone come across unable to load themes from blackberry mobile site? I have tried and a messege tells me that there are none availble for my model 8310 or OS 4.5, my carrier is ATT.
    08-09-08 04:01 PM
    That's because 4.5 OS isn't an official release! You can find themes from other sources for 4.5 though, just not from rim.

Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    08-09-08 04:14 PM
    Thanks for that. Sort of takes the fun out when it is a theme you want to have.
    08-09-08 04:22 PM
    To download themes designed for 4.2 OS to your 4.5 OS installed handheld, is quite simple. Use a 4.2 OS handheld simulator to tune in RIM mobile site, locate the real *.jad link address, copy it to your real 4.5 OS Browser, and let the process begin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 10:33 PM
    To download themes designed for 4.2 OS to your 4.5 OS installed handheld, is quite simple. Use a 4.2 OS handheld simulator to tune in RIM mobile site, locate the real *.jad link address, copy it to your real 4.5 OS Browser, and let the process begin.

damn updater your good!
    08-09-08 11:18 PM
    Thanks for getting back on that...seems that is going to be a bit of an issue for me since have not clue about that, so I thank you for your help and that maybe someone could use your directions to help.
    08-09-08 11:21 PM

damn updater your good!
    And if you dont have this then you're SOL?
    08-09-08 11:23 PM
    Or just have to wait until my phone excepts it...lol..and ATT will be in sept for official 4.5
    Hope the theme I like will still be available
    08-09-08 11:26 PM
    Or just have to wait until my phone excepts it...lol..and ATT will be in sept for official 4.5
    Hope the theme I like will still be available
    Honestly OTA is not the key. It is a temporary solution. I post it because I thought you were able to manage the simulator and Email & MDS simulator things. But, my point is even if you can locate those *jad address, they might be expired, who knows? RIM is so unpredictable. It releases Surreal theme which led OS 4.5 devices into 523 bricks, it releases animated theme Stargazer by Plazmic theme builder but never give 3rd party theme builders a chance to use it, only leaves us a buggy one.
    Wait, how many themes are there on RIM mobile site? Stargazer, Surreal (4.5 killer), Today Plus, Scribble, some sort of Aqua style and a pinky girlish one ---- not very sensational or perfect imo. Some have great structures, but icons are way too informal or do not fit the whole vibe. But since you asked for them, I will post them with desktop friendly *.cod format later.

08-10-08 01:29 AM
    Thanks again for the help.

08-10-08 01:35 AM
    That's because 4.5 OS isn't an official release! You can find themes from other sources for 4.5 though, just not from rim.

Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    That is not entirely true. There are other carriers out there that have released OS 4.5 as their carrier release.

AND..not all 4.2 themes will work on OS 4.5. Take the "Surreal" theme for example....
    08-10-08 10:22 AM
    08-10-08 11:05 PM
    A couple of questions for a newbie...
    1. So which of these themes are safe for my ATT Curve that has been updated to 4.5 OS and
    2. After I go to the above link and download the zip files, how do I install them on my Curve??
    Thanks in advance for any help here!
    11-16-08 11:00 AM
    All themes EXCEPT surreal are ok, surreal WILL brick your bb! Two bugs I know of; stargazer will not let you change wallpaper with OS4.5, stargazer and today plus all icons will reset to default order after battery pull/reset.
    11-16-08 11:19 AM
    What if a theme does happen to brick my Curve? Is there a way to go back to another theme with the phone or do I have to go through the trouble of re-installing the OS from my PC?
    11-16-08 11:50 AM
    You'd have to go through your pc to re-install the OS. Not as easy as it sounds, when I did it, my pc wouldn't even recognize my bb. Fortunately, there's ways to get past that, but it's such a pain in the rear.
    11-16-08 12:28 PM
    wait they got themes on mobile.blackberry.com?
    11-16-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD