07-24-10 09:06 PM
51 123
tools
    I got error 523 when I initially installed it. I deleted it using DM, reinstalled OTA, and no more error 523.

I had to do 3 battery pulls the 1st day. Then it settled in, and it has been fine ever since, with no memory leaks or lagging/freezing.

I'm also running 5.0.0.681 on a 9000.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-21-10 12:57 PM
    I got error 523 when I initially installed it. I deleted it using DM, reinstalled OTA, and no more error 523.

I had to do 3 battery pulls the 1st day. Then it settled in, and it has been fine ever since, with no memory leaks or lagging/freezing.

I'm also running 5.0.0.681 on a 9000.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Yeah, unfortunately this is a common problem on the 9000. We still haven't figured out what's causing it, but it seems to just stop after a few battery pulls.

The only other thing I've noticed is that everyone who's told me that seems to be running .681, so we'll continue to look into the problem and let us know if it never stabilizes.
    07-21-10 02:47 PM
    I've deleted the theme using DM and I downloaded it again. It's frozen on me and I've pulled the battery 4 or 5 times now but I've noticed something......I can make it freeze. All I need to do is try to scroll down from the "Applications" bubble....freezes every time. I know there is nothing to scroll down to, but that will make it freeze.
    07-21-10 02:57 PM
    I must say that it was a true pleasure testing Ubuntu when it was as a beta. Perfect performance. Fine attention to detail. This theme runs fast with no noticeable lag. Job well done. For sure Ubuntu is a must have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 06:10 PM
    This theme is brilliant but, as many of us Bold 9000 users have found out, it occasionally freezes the home screen. After much frustration and the obligatory cycle of battery pulls, I finally figured out what "not" to do. Once the application button is highlighted, and the dock is hidden, you cannot scroll down. It is kind of counterintuitive as most of us are accustomed to scrolling, either up or down, to activate the dock but we must retrain ourselves...LOL...

Well now that we know what not to do it should be smooth sailing from here on out so enjoy!

Here is my current screen

07-21-10 07:45 PM
    It froze my phone as well. I had a heck of a time getting my phone unfrozen!!!! This theme looks good but you should not be selling the Bold version until you have it fixed.
    I highly suggest that anyone using a Bold 9000 OS 5.0 do not buy or use this theme!!!!
    07-21-10 08:10 PM
    It froze my phone as well. I had a heck of a time getting my phone unfrozen!!!! This theme looks good but you should not be selling the Bold version until you have it fixed.
    I highly suggest that anyone using a Bold 9000 OS 5.0 do not buy or use this theme!!!!
    @Tellsells, I agree that the Devs should have done some more work to resolve this bug but if the testers advised that the issue was cleared by a reboot then perhaps it was seen as a minor glitch with little or no impact on overall performance. I purchased this theme on Monday and had a really important appointment so you can imagine just how much fun that was having to constantly reboot my Bold to unfreeze the screen. That being said, since isolating the issue I have only had to reboot once.

@Devs, perhaps as a goodwill gesture you can give Bold 9000 users a credit for a future theme and put the necessary caveat on the Bold version...well just a thought.
    07-21-10 08:47 PM
    @Tellsells, I agree that the Devs should have done some more work to resolve this bug but if the testers advised that the issue was cleared by a reboot then perhaps it was seen as a minor glitch with little or no impact on overall performance. I purchased this theme on Monday and had a really important appointment so you can imagine just how much fun that was having to constantly reboot my Bold to unfreeze the screen. That being said, since isolating the issue I have only had to reboot once.

@Devs, perhaps as a goodwill gesture you can give Bold 9000 users a credit for a future theme and put the necessary caveat on the Bold version...well just a thought.
    I was out of town and had no access to a computer to get "rid" of it to un-freeze my phone! 5 re-boots and I was still frozen and my phone was bricked until I got home!!!!!!!
    I have tested other themes before and there is no way that this version should ever have been made available. I am sorry to say that I am now very "gun-shy" about purchasing anything ever again from this developer!
    I will reiterate that NO ONE SHOULD BUY THE BOLD 9000 VERSION IF YOU HAVE OS 5.0.0.681!!!!
    07-21-10 09:37 PM
    Show some love for the 8530 os 5.0!
    07-21-10 09:41 PM
    I was out of town and had no access to a computer to get "rid" of it to un-freeze my phone! 5 re-boots and I was still frozen and my phone was bricked until I got home!!!!!!!
    I have tested other themes before and there is no way that this version should ever have been made available. I am sorry to say that I am now very "gun-shy" about purchasing anything ever again from this developer!
    I will reiterate that NO ONE SHOULD BUY THE BOLD 9000 VERSION IF YOU HAVE OS 5.0.0.681!!!!
    You're the only 9000 user who remains to have problems. Like has been mentioned, I had multiple testers for the 9000 version and it stabilized for all of them. The point has been made that the 9000 version will likely require a couple of restarts before the theme stabilizes. imdabold1 even pointed out what the problem seems to be. We're still adamantly working on the 9000 version, as well as upgrades to the 480x360 versions.

I've told Mobi to give you a refund since you're having so many problems, so I'll kindly ask you to stop spamming my thread.

We also think we may have figured out a solution to the freezing when scrolling down with the dock closed issue. I've sent an updated version out to my testers and if it works, it will be a free upgrade for 9000 users.
    Last edited by wraith_5_0; 07-22-10 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Addition
    07-22-10 02:24 PM
    A word for the complaints.

Originally this theme was made for a woman who wanted it who had a 9000. When she first installed the theme on her phone she was having the same issues... exactly what you described tellsells.

The main reason why I told Big Papa to release the theme for the 9000 was because of the numerous testers we have in our Blackberry group. They have all stated after a few restarts the theme worked flawlessly.

As Big Papa has stated, you have been refunded for the theme.

We are working on something right now and adding something to the navigation. We believe it would be a simple one so those who have a 9000, look out the the update and report back to info(at)bbthemelab.com

Show some love for the 8530 os 5.0!
    As of right now there are no plans for the 85xx devices.
    07-22-10 02:31 PM
    I just installed the updated version. No error 523, no freezing, no issues with BerryWeather wallpaper. I am able to scroll up or down without any freezing at all. I did a battery pull after I installed the update, but no additional battery pulls have been necessary. Everything is running smoothly from the start on my 9000.

Last edited by lak611; 07-22-10 at 03:27 PM.
    07-22-10 03:24 PM
    I just installed the updated version. No error 523, no freezing, no issues with BerryWeather wallpaper. Everything is running smoothly from the start on my 9000.

Ahhh, now that is great news!

Thanks for the update lak611.
    07-22-10 03:28 PM
    Update has been posted to Mobi, Everyone who purchased the theme should be recieving an upgrade e-mail.
    07-22-10 03:42 PM
    Thank you so much, the theme is working great.....!!!
    07-22-10 03:50 PM
    I've told Mobi to give you a refund since you're having so many problems, so I'll kindly ask you to stop spamming my thread.

So what you are saying is that you only want praise from everyone and you don't want to hear about any problems!! That's a great attitude!
    I am not a noobie, as I have been a tester for many themes. I posted a warning about this "flawed" theme and that is certainly NOT SPAMMING!!!!!! This theme f'd up my phone until I was able to get to my computer to get the theme off of my phone while I was out of town. I am not the only one complaining and I was warning anyone else to not try the theme and get their phone jacked up like mine was.
    I am glad that you were able to fix it but I seriously think you need to adjust your attitude about spamming!!!!
    What I wrote certainly was not spamming. If you can't take factual criticism that your theme completely jacked up my phone, then I think you need to change your attitude and just make high quality themes that are fully tested before being released. When you accomplish this you won't have to worry about negative comments (oh, I forgot, you consider any negative comments as spamming!)
    Good luck with this and future themes. I certainly won't comment any more on any of your future themes, as I will never be one of your customers.
    Last edited by tellsells; 07-22-10 at 05:27 PM.
    07-22-10 03:53 PM
    We got yelled at, the theme is fixed, tellsells got a refund, and now we can all move on....

Continue posting comments about the theme.
    07-22-10 06:06 PM
    What was spamming was multiple posts telling people not to buy my theme. I'm all about feedback, as it leads to the improvement of my themes. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with it, along with everyone else who posted. I've fixed the problem, sent out updates, and granted you, personally a refund.

In my opinion the matter between us has been resolved and doesn't need to take up any further thread space.

I also sincerely apologize to everyone with a 9000 that had a freezing or other problem with the theme, I'm glad to hear that the update seems to have fixed the problem as this is a quality theme that I'm proud to produce.
    07-22-10 06:08 PM
    Thanks for the update guys...

07-22-10 06:30 PM
    Update has been posted to Mobi, Everyone who purchased the theme should be recieving an upgrade e-mail.
    Sorry if I missed this, was the update just for 9000 users? I didn't receive an email
    07-22-10 08:35 PM
    Sorry if I missed this, was the update just for 9000 users? I didn't receive an email
    Yes, well for now at least. If you haven't received the email from Mobihand check your appstore account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 09:19 PM
    Yes, the update was only for 9000 users. It was a very minor update, all it really did was fix the freezing issues.
    07-22-10 11:05 PM
    Yes, the update was only for 9000 users. It was a very minor update, all it really did was fix the freezing issues.
    Thought so, just wanted to make sure. Great work again, loving the theme
    07-23-10 09:13 PM
    One of the best themes I have put on my phone bar none.
    Wow... that's some serious recommendation.
    07-23-10 10:12 PM
    Wow... that's some serious recommendation.
    +1. It runs great and has tons of features, but it has a small footprint and no memory leak.
    07-23-10 11:38 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD