Since I am new to my own blackberry I am trying to figure out the ins and outs. Is it possible to load too many apps or themes? For instance I DLed 3 themes on my Tour today. Should I delete one before I load another or will it be ok. When I looked in my Memory options it said I had 72.6 mb of app memory left. That doesn't seem like a lot. Am I wrong? Also, can I load apps to be saved on my memory card? Any help would be great or perhaps if there is already a post like this someone could direct me. I did a search but didn't see anything. Thanks.
    08-13-09 11:14 PM
    The Tour has lots of app memory so you can have a few themes. I have 2 themes, the Plazmic iPhone theme and PreBerry but I use PreBerry 90% of the time.

To help with memory, heck the amount of apps you have open. Hold the BB/menu button for a few seconds and you'll see a bar with icons on it. That's the Application Switcher. The only things you should really have open are the apps that won't close or are essential to the phone. The 5 apps that won't close permanently (i.e. won't get off of the App Switcher) are BBM, Messages, Phone, Home Screen and Browser. I have SocialScope, Sensobi Contacts and Google Voice running at all times with those apps. Viigo is a huge memory eater. Go to the home screen on Viigo which is where you choose News & RSS, Sports, Weather, etc... Then hit the Menu/BB button and go to close. That will close the app out for good. Also, do a battery pull. If you don't want to take the battery out or can't because of a case, download QuickPull Free or whatever the free version is called or use the key combination of Alt + Right Shift + Delete. That will do a battery pull.

You can download apps from App World to the memory card with the latest version of App World. To download the latest version of App World, go to BlackBerry App World in your BlackBerry browser.
    08-13-09 11:23 PM
    I have the latest version app world and I have only downloaded 1 app from it. I just dont want to slow up my bbry in any way. Also, If there are things on my bbry (ie. sprint tv, the nfl stuff, pocket express) can I delete those to free up space? I never use them and I have the icons hidden right now.
    08-13-09 11:30 PM
    I have the latest version app world and I have only downloaded 1 app from it. I just dont want to slow up my bbry in any way. Also, If there are things on my bbry (ie. sprint tv, the nfl stuff, pocket express) can I delete those to free up space? I never use them and I have the icons hidden right now.
    If you want to delete those apps, you can do it. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications. Then find the apps you want to delete such as NFL Mobile and Sprint TV. Delete them. Now if they don't show up, they could be service book icons. Service book icons are icons that redirect to a download page for a certain app. The MySpace download link is pushed to my device no matter what I do. I hide it because I think MySpace is Geocities for this decade but that's my opinion. So if it's a service book icon, all you can do is hide it.
    08-13-09 11:35 PM
    what if I do options>advanced options>service book? can I delete the "pushed links" that way without messing anything up?
    08-13-09 11:41 PM
    Leave the service books alone. Anything you delete from
    there will be "pushed" back, so it is pointless to do.
    08-13-09 11:45 PM
    Ugh so frustrating. So should I be concerned with how much I load on to it?
    08-13-09 11:48 PM
    I would say no, except that themes take up the most space
    so I'd limit those.

The Tour and the 8900 have the same amount of app memory.
    On my 8900 I have 42 app (yes, I use them all) and 1 theme.
    The phone functions flawlessly.

You really should not have a problem unless your memory
    gets to 5mb or less. You are well above that.
    08-13-09 11:51 PM
    Ugh so frustrating. So should I be concerned with how much I load on to it?
    The service book icons aren't really anything big, maybe 10 kb at most. That's nothing compared to 256 MB.
    08-13-09 11:52 PM
    You'll know when you've loaded too much
    08-13-09 11:52 PM
    Ok... This is all really helpful! Thank you. So the 3 themes I DLed plus the one it came with is probably a little much isnt it?
    08-13-09 11:53 PM
    No, again you are well over 5mb. I was making a suggestion
    for going forward.
    08-13-09 11:57 PM
    Awesome! Anything else anyone thinks I should know then load it on me! lol
    08-14-09 12:05 AM
    Ok... This is all really helpful! Thank you. So the 3 themes I DLed plus the one it came with is probably a little much isnt it?
    No, you're fine. I've got an estimated 15-20 programs on my 8900 and 2 third-party themes. Just make sure though that you use a media card to store your pictures, music and movies on. Not using a media card will really screw you over. I personally set 10% of the total device memory as the limit. On the 8320, it was 6.4 MB which is very close to 5 MB. The Tour and 8900 have it at 25.6 MB but the lowest I've ever reached is 70 MB.
    08-14-09 12:06 AM
    Yeah I just checked it right now and it says I am at 67.8. I dont have any music for movies and all my pics are saved to my card which is a 2g not the standard 1g it comes with.
    08-14-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD