07-31-08 09:57 PM
47 12
tools
    Could you please make it so you can customize the icons on the bottom? Other than that, it is great. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 10:49 AM
    Ok here is the finished product. Let me know if it needs tweaking.

OTA Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ec...me_ecooper.jad

Desktop Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ec...oper_v1-00.zip

If you like the theme, show some love via the donate button on my site.

Daniel you are the man! Can you make it so that it has Calender X4, Messages X2, Tasks, and Icons on the bottom that can be customized???? Would it be possible to work with the BB Dimension Today Plus Theme? I was hoping to get one that shows the Calender, Messages, and Tasks. Then if you roll over the wheel we get the 5 icons? is this possible???
    Last edited by bdogg; 07-30-08 at 12:34 PM.
    07-30-08 11:13 AM
    Downloaded this theme (OK4a56 on page 2 of this thread 4x calendar 2x messages)
    to my 8310 running 4.5.52 still only shows
    next 2 calendar items then a 2 line space before the Messages
    Last edited by kajungolfers; 07-30-08 at 11:51 AM.
    07-30-08 11:49 AM
    Could you please make it so you can customize the icons on the bottom? Other than that, it is great. Thanks!

...and Icons on the bottom that can be customized????
    This is not (yet) possible with the new Plazmic Theme Builder...those icons are prearranged by the theme developer and non-configurable by the user....

Downloaded this theme (OK4a56 on page 2 of this thread 4x calendar 2x messages)
    to my 8310 running 4.5.52 still only shows
    next 2 calendar items then a 2 line space before the Messages
    This most likely means that the theme wasn't exported for OS 4.5, but for a lower OS (4.2.2 or 4.3), which will show on a device running 4.5 but won't carry over many of the added features meant for 4.5 (e.g. more that 2 entries in today screen apps)...
    07-30-08 11:57 AM
    How easy is it to build a theme? If I dl the new theme builder, would I be able to figure it out, or would I need programming knowledge to modify a theme? It looks like a great thing to know

07-30-08 12:18 PM
    ahh ok..Daniel what version of Plazmic are you running?
    07-30-08 12:21 PM
    I'm running the latest version of Plazmic but I export the theme for my BB running 4.3

07-30-08 12:29 PM
    CAN you export the 4 Calendar X 2 message to run on 4.5.xx so i can test it?
    07-30-08 12:34 PM
    Would it be possible to work with the BB Dimension Today Plus Theme? I was hoping to get one that shows the Calender, Messages, and Tasks. Then if you roll over the wheel we get the 5 icons? is this possible???
    07-30-08 12:40 PM
    Would it be possible to work with the BB Dimension Today Plus Theme? I was hoping to get one that shows the Calender, Messages, and Tasks. Then if you roll over the wheel we get the 5 icons? is this possible???
    No...(again) this is not possible with the current Theme Builder...'Today Plus' themes built with the new Plazmic group the today and zen elements on one static screen. This, opposed to the rollover/fade out effect present in the traditional BB Dimension Today Plus theme released directly from RIM.
    07-30-08 12:50 PM
    CAN you export the 4 Calendar X 2 message to run on 4.5.xx so i can test it?
    Ok I exported the below theme in OS4.5. Please let me know if you can now see more than 2 calendar appointments. (crosses fingers)

OTA Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ok...eme_ok4a56.jad

Desktop Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ok...k4a56_os45.zip
    Last edited by daniel.black; 07-30-08 at 05:47 PM.
    07-30-08 05:40 PM
    Ok I exported the below theme in OS4.5. Please let me know if you can now see more than 2 calendar appointments. (crosses fingers)

OTA Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ok...eme_ok4a56.jad

Desktop Download:
    http://www.blacksberry.com/images/ok...k4a56_os45.zip
    Hey Daniel any chance that you can make the theme Show, CalenderX4, MessagesX2, Tasks plus 6 icons on the bottom that are customizable? If you can that would be awsome. Also is it possible to to have BB Messenger and regular messages appear under the message section?

Thanks for all your help!
    07-30-08 05:43 PM
    Hey Daniel any chance that you can make the theme Show, CalenderX4, MessagesX2, Tasks plus 6 icons on the bottom that are customizable? If you can that would be awsome. Also is it possible to to have BB Messenger and regular messages appear under the message section?

Thanks for all your help!
    This is going to be tricky. I'm still waiting on kajungolfers or someone else with 4.5.xx to test the 4xCalendar thing on 4.5.xx. If he confirms that it will show 4x calendar then we have to wrestle with a space limitation. I MIGHT be able to squeeze this in, but it wont exactly be pretty.

As a note, the bottom icons (Dock) will NOT be customizable by you. This will require the theme creator to change the applications on the bottom for you.
    Last edited by daniel.black; 07-30-08 at 06:30 PM.
    07-30-08 05:53 PM
    Not sure how useful this would be, or practical, but I messed around and put some icons on the right side of the today thing. Then I changed the order of the roll so they alternate back and forth (see example below).

If the 4xCalender works with 4.5.xx then it would be interesting to see if this would interfere with the visibility of the calender / message items.

07-30-08 06:08 PM
    This may be a stupid idea, but could the theme be created with a parameter that is larger then the screen horizontally? If we rolled down would it cause the screen to shift up allowing the "desktop" to be bigger? It's just a thougth I wanted to throw out there, I don't know what I am talking about. haha
    07-30-08 06:11 PM
    Not sure how useful this would be, or practical, but I messed around and put some icons on the right side of the today thing. Then I changed the order of the roll so they alternate back and forth (see example below).

If the 4xCalender works with 4.5.xx then it would be interesting to see if this would interfere with the visibility of the calender / message items.
    I did my Water Lover theme like that. If you shorten the caret to 300X36 it will not interfere with the icons, but the subtexts will still extend to the end of the screen.

07-31-08 12:49 AM
    This may be a stupid idea, but could the theme be created with a parameter that is larger then the screen horizontally? If we rolled down would it cause the screen to shift up allowing the "desktop" to be bigger? It's just a thougth I wanted to throw out there, I don't know what I am talking about. haha
    Not a stupid idea, but also not possible.
    07-31-08 12:49 AM
    Has NOBODY with 4.5 tried this for you yet Daniel?
    07-31-08 08:25 PM
    Well , the theme works with my 4.5.0.51. It shows all 4 calendar events on screen.

The only problem I see is that if you are at the top of the list and scroll down , it goes

-Calendar 1
    -Calendar 2
    -Calendar 3
    -Calendar 4

Then it skips the messages and goes to tasks , then when you press down again it jumps back up to Message 1 then Message 2.

It took me a minute to figure out why it would not let me go all the way to bottom for the tasks.

Nice theme. I don't use calendar THAT much so I won't be keeping it but if somebody wanted 4 calendar events on the home screen , this one works.
    07-31-08 08:45 PM

I had a theme that did just that. It is called Executive Today Plus. Sad part is that I cant find that theme again or anyone that has it. If anyone has this theme, PM me please. It did exactly as you described here.

I'm a little sick of the Dimension Today Plus put out directly by RIM. All icons that I hide become UNhidden after a restart/battery pull.
    07-31-08 08:57 PM
    Well , the theme works with my 4.5.0.51. It shows all 4 calendar events on screen.

The only problem I see is that if you are at the top of the list and scroll down , it goes

-Calendar 1
    -Calendar 2
    -Calendar 3
    -Calendar 4

Then it skips the messages and goes to tasks , then when you press down again it jumps back up to Message 1 then Message 2.

It took me a minute to figure out why it would not let me go all the way to bottom for the tasks.

Nice theme. I don't use calendar THAT much so I won't be keeping it but if somebody wanted 4 calendar events on the home screen , this one works.
    GrandMasterB, thanks for taking the time to test this for me. I'm a bit surprised and dismayed that it took this long for someone to give it a run. The sad part is that I don't even have 4.5.xx and was only doing it to help out others.
    As to the issue of the jumping around, I'm certain it's because I didn't specify the order correctly when I hurriedly put this together.
    If you would like to see this in a different configuration, just let me know.
    07-31-08 09:51 PM
    No problem man. You have a lot of really nice themes. I think its great that you take the time to make these and post them for others to use.

Kudos to you buddy
    07-31-08 09:57 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD