On the Application screen, I'm trying to edit the "new_overlay" image (the small red circle with the white star). I have Composer set as my default editor and when I click on Edit, Composer opens but the image isn't there. Am I wrong to assume that the image should open so I can edit it? When Composer opens it's nothing more than a blank, gray screen.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rustypixel; 12-14-09 at 09:44 PM.
    12-14-09 09:41 PM
    On the Application screen, I'm trying to edit the "new_overlay" image (the small red circle with the white star). I have Composer set as my default editor and when I click on Edit, Composer opens but the image isn't there. Am I wrong to assume that the image should open so I can edit it? When Composer opens it's nothing more than a blank, gray screen.

Thanks.
    I don't think you can use composer to edit images. I think you need something like photoshop or illustrator to edit images. I think of composer as the tool to add additional functionality to a theme, like adding animations (kinda like flash).
    12-14-09 10:30 PM
    Ahh... that would explain it then. So are the image files (for icons, banner items, etc.) available to edit? Where can I find these images so I can open them in Photoshop?

Thanks.

I don't think you can use composer to edit images. I think you need something like photoshop or illustrator to edit images. I think of composer as the tool to add additional functionality to a theme, like adding animations (kinda like flash).
    12-15-09 08:08 AM
    Not sure of the specific directory (I'm at work right now and can't look it up), but I'm pretty sure its something like c:\program files\research in motion\theme builder\... Look in some of those sub directories for a samples folder. The samples directory should have the stock icons in there and probably some additional ones you might like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:26 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I was able to find and edit it and I'm good to go. Thanks again!!

Not sure of the specific directory (I'm at work right now and can't look it up), but I'm pretty sure its something like c:\program files\research in motion\theme builder\... Look in some of those sub directories for a samples folder. The samples directory should have the stock icons in there and probably some additional ones you might like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 10:51 AM
    I thought before I changed there was some type of parameter. There was something like %1. I probably should have kept that as I can not edit directly either. Someone know what the parameters are?
    12-16-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD