... without turning my BB upside-down?

That's all I need, a clock that I can actually see right on the homescreen; I may need to create it myself. Is it too hard to create a theme?
    10-26-08 10:36 PM
    That would be niceeee
    10-26-08 10:45 PM
    Is this what you mean?

The program to build themes limits the maximum size you can use for various objects and for the time it allows you 50 pixels, which is basically what you see in the image above. The alignment allows you to position the time up to 120 pixels from the top of the screen. Again basically what you see in the image above. Can you do it yourself, sure, this is very basic, anyone who can click a mouse and has the Plazmic Theme Builder program could do it.

Tim
    10-27-08 12:58 AM
    I'll give Plazmic a try. I still want to keep the carrier alpha tag (being able to see who I'm roaming with is one of the perks of not being with AT&T), and the 5 application icons. Heck, if I could put a large clock into an 'L' theme that'll rock!
    10-27-08 09:36 AM
    My first BlackBerry theme! It was tedious, though I guess with experience things become easier. Anyway, I couldn't get the clock as large as I wanted because it was bleeding under the icons in the Applications screen. But this is still a visibility improvement over what RIM provides.

Homescreen

Applications Screen

Device Status

If I ever find a wallpaper that doesn't disturb readability I'll change it but for now, this "no wallpaper" is perfect since I'd rather have screen readability than eye-candy.
    10-27-08 08:55 PM
    Very nice for your first theme. I hope you saved your file so you can update it. As you get better you find things that work and put them in your own theme. When you add text using your own fonts, to the right of the font selection box you see three letters "B" for bold text "I" for italic text and "A" to anti-alias (or smooth) the text, it looks like your numbers on the one you made are jagged around the edges, check and see if you had anti-alias on. If you did not have it on, turn it on and watch the text smooth out.

Tim
    10-27-08 09:07 PM

here's a little something i whipped up with my existing bottom zen theme I made
    10-27-08 09:17 PM
    Very nice for your first theme. I hope you saved your file so you can update it. As you get better you find things that work and put them in your own theme. When you add text using your own fonts, to the right of the font selection box you see three letters "B" for bold text "I" for italic text and "A" to anti-alias (or smooth) the text, it looks like your numbers on the one you made are jagged around the edges, check and see if you had anti-alias on. If you did not have it on, turn it on and watch the text smooth out.

Tim
    I did save the theme project so I can work on it some more later in the week. I still can't get the in-call screen to change text font, size and color, so that's the next step. I've intentionally left anti-aliasing disabled (I really hate ClearType's colored filling pixels), until I can selectively experiment with it.
    10-27-08 09:56 PM
    Fixed anti-alias. Piazmic Theme Builder still doesn't allow me to change the background for the in-call screen.
    10-29-08 09:22 AM
    CeluGeek,
    There is a FREE java program that will work with the curve.

It is called "BigClock".

Here is the url: BigClock / free download

(EDIT: DOESN'T work like a screensaver - SORRY) it is a program that you run and leave on.
    Colors are customisable.

Features:

Carillon every hour

Vibrate and sound at 15/30/45 minutes.

Alarm

Rotating display

Time adjust *NEW*

Commands:

* - Switch horizontal / vertical display

# - Format: 24h / 24h without seconds / 12h AM-PM

0 - Flash every second (use as emergency beacon!)

1 - Change foreground color

2 - Time adjust

3 - Change background color

4 - Sound enable / disable (does NOT override alarm)

6 - Vibra enable / disable

7 - Backlight enable / disable (overrides `0`)

8 - Alarm menu

9 - Quit

Hope this helps,
    _dave_
    Last edited by _dave_; 10-29-08 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added "FREE" in the message text
    10-29-08 10:06 AM
    Thanks Dave. I have downloaded BigClock and I'm trying it now.
    10-29-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD