This has been floating around my head for awhile now. Why is it that most themes that I download and use, you cannot move the icons or have your 3rd party apps on the home screen but, you can on very similar themes like Reflex today plus?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 08:44 PM
    Good question! I was wondering the same thing. If there's something out there diff.that ppl are using to create premium themes like at bplay, I would like to know and how much 4 the builder! Very good question!

08-26-08 08:48 PM
    I've heard and read that themes like Bplay's and other premium ones are made with something called Composer and/or some hard coding. They don't use the builders the users on here use. I believe its much harder to do hence why they cost money.

08-27-08 06:06 AM
    Composer is included with Plazmic for general consumption. The issue is that RIM gives bplay and a couple select theme places a totally customizable version of Plazmic. For the rest of us if you don't use a canned theme style (Today, Zen, Icon) the home screen icons will be locked to whatever the them builder put there. So any of the Bottom Zen, Today Plus, L, U, etc. that us semi-normal people put out have locked icons. It has to be one of the most frustrating things ever. The other is the glitch that you can change the header icons, battery meter, etc., but when you go into email, bang, there is the standard dimension battery meter as stuff!
    08-28-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD