I recently switched from the "T-Mobile" theme to the "BB Dimension Zen" theme. I've noticed that my battery power gets used up quicker than before. However I did add some running apps (like Google) that may have something to do with it. But it seems odd that my phone is running out of power maybe 75% faster than it normally does.

Does anyone know if some themes use up more battery than others?

Thanks.
    09-30-08 11:45 PM
    I would say it's an app doing this instead of a theme. Make sure nothing else is running in the background besides the basics.
    10-01-08 08:03 AM
    This has absolutely nothing to do with your current theme.

I can almost 100% guarantee you that GoogleMaps it the culprit. GM uses cell tower triangulations to constantly track your location. So it is always sending and receiving data based on where you are and where you move to. That being said, GM will KILL your battery in a short period of time. Try properly closing out the app instead of leaving it running in the background - I'll bet you'll see a big improvement in the life of your battery.
    10-01-08 09:20 AM
    Close all your applications, rather than exiting them.

Press Alt and the back key (boomerang) to see what's running and close them.

Call logs, home, browser and messages, you can't close.
    10-01-08 09:27 AM
    Thanks everyone. I do have Google Maps and the GMail applications and just deleted the Google app that had Gmail, google, and other items.

My battery power is running normal.
    10-01-08 02:40 PM
    Well, you didn't need to get rid of them, just make sure they weren't running when you wasn't using them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD