I've gotten on a bit of theme kick recently, and was wondering if I can move themes from the device memory to the memory card? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to use them without moving them back, but thought that might be a nice way to keep from bogging down my memory too much. Thanks!
    10-15-09 07:58 PM
    It is my experience that you cannot store themes or apps on the memory card...I wish you could!
    10-15-09 08:08 PM
    There is a program called OTALoader that lets you download OTA JAD and COD files to your computer and put them in your memory card. That way you can just load them up when you want to. Not sure where you can find it but I have it on my BB Media card for safekeeping if you can't find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 05:12 PM
    If you load a theme to your SD card make sure you have the htaccess file-the jad file (you will need this to load theme onto your phone)-and ALL the COD files. When you want to install the theme use File Explore to go to folder you have these files at-then select the JAD file and this should load your theme.

10-18-09 10:06 AM
    You don't need the .htaccess file while it is on your media card. Just the JAD and COD. The BlackBerry is intelligent enough not to need it. You only need .htaccess when you're using true OTA.

10-19-09 12:16 AM
    I use the OTA loader for my themes. I just want to know, once I download to my phone's memory with the .jad file can i remove the .jad and .cod files from my memory card? it would make it easier to find the files for the new themes i load, it gets rather exhausting going through zillions of files to find the one i need. anyone have a clue? im scared to remove them because when i switched computers i lost the actual files for some of them and can't put them back on once i remove them. *thanks*
    10-25-09 01:36 PM
    How about just moving them off of my phone onto a pc? I'm just trying to use as little memory as possible, especially for things like holiday themes that I won't use again for a year.

10-25-09 09:50 PM
    You don't need the .htaccess file while it is on your media card. Just the JAD and COD. The BlackBerry is intelligent enough not to need it. You only need .htaccess when you're using true OTA.

Sorry about that. You are correct. Had to many things going on at one time and typed in that by accident. Thank you for catching. Yes you only need the JAD and COD files. When you want to install theme just click on the Jad file. This will install theme just like an OTA.

Instructions:

1) Download the JAD and all COD files and put them in a folder.
    2) Connect your phone to your pc via USB cable.
    3) Using Windows Explorer go to folder you unzipped JAD and COD files into.
    4) Copy all files to the memory card in your phone.
    5) Using File Explorer go to folder on your memory card where JAD file is.
    6) Select this file (JAD) and this will install theme to phone like an OTA.

Here is the OTA Desktop Loader file for download:
    Last edited by cooltech59; 10-29-09 at 06:09 AM.
    10-29-09 06:04 AM
    Someone talked about this earlier and I have used it exclusively for themes. On my SD Card, I created a folder "Themes" then create a sub folder for each theme. That way, I can find what I am looking for at any time as well as easily delete what I do not like.

Once you get the hang of it using the OTA Loader with a file system makes theming a very fun thing to do!
    10-29-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD