Besides the appearance is there any other benefits of using themes? Does it fix any performance issues that the storm has? I am kinda new to this sorry if this sounds stupid.
    05-03-09 03:19 PM
    No, I don't think there are any benefits to using themes other than making your BB more appealing to the eye.

Some themes can also cause your BB to lag as well. Just download what you like, and delete it if it causes any issues for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 03:34 PM
    And there are no stupid questions...

05-03-09 03:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't fix any performance issues, so yeah they're mainly just for looks.

05-03-09 03:54 PM
    No, I don't think there are any benefits to using themes other than making your BB more appealing to the eye.

Some themes can also cause your BB to lag as well. Just download what you like, and delete it if it causes any issues for you.

Thanks,,, So are there any themes that you would recommend. Ones that don't cause the BB to lag..................
    05-03-09 04:41 PM
    You are welcome. You can do a search here fore some really good Storm themes. I think most of these have been tested and retested.

You can also visit themes4bb.com and pimpmyberry.com. Both are great places to find good themes. Just find some you like and take them for a test drive. It isn't often that you get a bad one. If you do, just delete it back off. No harm no foul!

05-03-09 04:47 PM
    Well, my reason for themes is to have them layout ym interface in such a way that it works for me.
    05-05-09 08:07 AM
    I can't seem to find this anywhere, but can someone break down the different "genres" of themes? I.E. Today, Hidden, Zen, so on and so forth? I can't find an adequate answer for them. I know Today has to do with displaying calendar events right? I can't figure out what constitues a Zen theme and such. Can anyone shed a little light on this topic for me please?
    05-05-09 02:09 PM
    Thanks,,, So are there any themes that you would recommend. Ones that don't cause the BB to lag..................
    I can think of two good theme that does not lag much: the IBerry customized L series (I could be wrong with the name here) and World Rocker hidden theme.

Both worked well with my storm even though I had the os 76.

Also KD's HTC conversation was very good and very smooth. I just got bored with it.

I am now running the new Urban theme.

PS: I am on the hunt for the perfect theme. lol
    05-05-09 02:42 PM
    all the ones I have are a little slow, but its a trade off im willing to make, as long as its not holding me up.
    05-06-09 12:13 PM
    I can't seem to find this anywhere, but can someone break down the different "genres" of themes? I.E. Today, Hidden, Zen, so on and so forth? I can't find an adequate answer for them. I know Today has to do with displaying calendar events right? I can't figure out what constitues a Zen theme and such. Can anyone shed a little light on this topic for me please?
    hi there, ok so you`ve got two main styles of themes, either a ZEN theme (think whats standard on your storm) and Custom style (everything else)

ZEN themes are the standard type, with either 1, 2 or 3 lines of icons on the main screen, and follows the standard setup of your phone.

Today Themes have a `preview` window built into the main page, so you can check things without having to open up the app, things include stuff like your sms/mms, messages, emails, calendar and bbmessages

Hidden Themes are when you cant see the icons, tap an area of the screen, and out they come, tap again, and away they go, think of it like the google phone menu, little tab, click that, and hey presto, icons to use, click again, and its hidden again, these hidden themes can be made to move anywhere over the screen, so can look pretty fantastic (its hard work though, im trying to make one as we speak)

i tend to find a today theme really suits my needs, as i get over 100 emails a day, so a quick sneaky preview in work is good for me
    05-09-09 10:18 AM
    haha, I just chanced upon this thread, and realized that someone answered my question .

Thanks for the explanation! I always got confused when descriptions of themes were all "A stunning Hidden Today theme..." and things of that nature.

I too like Today themes, they are so handy.
    06-17-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD