I dont get it.. why do all the Blackberrys have themes that make them appear to be "other types of devices".

You have iPhone themes. Droid themes, OSX themes.. can't Blackberry users be happy with what they got rather than imitating something else?

You don't see BlackBerry Zen themes on Android devices.. or the iPhone(jailbroken)..

If people are that unhappy with the way their device looks, maybe get the device you're trying to imitate?

This isn't a flame thread, just an observation thread.
    11-25-09 09:58 AM
    Actually there are a ton of Storm styled themes available for the Iphone, and it boils down to human nature, everyone wants most what they don't have I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 10:17 AM
    I don't think it is a matter of imitation but one of personal preference born out
    of the fact that the icons used on the standard BB themes are simply atrocious.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to "tart up" their phone a bit... and no one here
    really has the right to criticize them for doing so. It' their phone.

FWIW, I generally despise 95% of all themes, free or premium. Do I try to
    convince people they should too. Of course not. People like what they like.
    End of discussion.
    11-25-09 10:23 AM
    I'm not trying to convince people they shouldnt.. heck, when I used a 8800 I had the Vista theme..

I only brought this up because of the new BeDroid theme on the front page..

And to jason, I didn't know there were Storm themes for the iPhone. Guess I should pay more attention.

but seriously though..the fact that there's themes out the wazoo that make your BB look like another device says worlds about RIM and the fact that they need to get the ball rolling.

the new stencil outlined icons with 4.6+ are alot better looking than the 4.2.2/4.3 icons, that's for sure..
    Last edited by sniffs; 11-25-09 at 10:49 AM.
    11-25-09 10:46 AM
    Maybe some people like the features and functionality of the Blackberry devices but like the look of the other devices and OS systems. Why get rid of the device you have and go pay $400 - $500 bucks for a new device just because you like the icons....?
    11-25-09 11:19 AM
    Because Blackberry's are just better devices IMO , ill buy lots of themes before going out and buying a Iphone !!!!
    11-25-09 12:13 PM
    Ya there are plenty of Bold themes for Apple devices.
    11-25-09 12:31 PM
    Droid theme is amazing.
    11-25-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD