for Curve 8310. Wasn't able to download straight from BB browser, so I downloaded it to my documents folder on my pc. how can i get it on my BB?
    05-18-09 04:19 PM
    Desktop Manager Tools. USB cable. Load the .alx file under APPS menu, hit NEXT. That's it.
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    Desktop Manager Tools. USB cable. Load the .alx file under APPS menu, hit NEXT. That's it.
    Okay. I've got DM open, and by "Tools", are you talking about the main screen? USB cable? is that an option, or are you saying I need to connect my BB to the pc with the USB? (which i've already done). And APPS menu? Is that the APPS Loader on the main screen? sorry for sounding so ignorant. I'm really not. Just new to this whole BB thing!
    05-18-09 05:13 PM
    Okay. I've got DM open, and by "Tools", are you talking about the main screen? USB cable? is that an option, or are you saying I need to connect my BB to the pc with the USB? (which i've already done). And APPS menu? Is that the APPS Loader on the main screen? sorry for sounding so ignorant. I'm really not. Just new to this whole BB thing!
    Connect BB via USB cable>open desktop manager>open App loader>follow insructions>find the program>add app>follow directions>ENJOY
    05-18-09 05:22 PM
    Connect BB via USB cable>open desktop manager>open App loader>follow insructions>find the program>add app>follow directions>ENJOY
    Okay, I've done that, but I'm not enjoying anything?
    05-18-09 05:25 PM
    In other words, it didn't find the file that I downloaded.
    05-18-09 05:28 PM
    In other words, it didn't find the file that I downloaded.
    Well you gotta actually find the app where you saved it then add it to the app loader, the app loader won't automatically find it and load it.
    05-18-09 05:40 PM
    it's working'... i don't know exactly what i did. but it's working. thank you all!
    05-18-09 06:07 PM
    at least i think it is
    05-18-09 06:07 PM
    okay... i lied. it's not working... how do i add it to the app loader when it's saved under a different file extention?
    Last edited by j_bow30; 05-18-09 at 06:22 PM. Reason: App loader says, "No additional applications designed for you device were found.
    05-18-09 06:20 PM
    okay... i lied. it's not working... how do i add it to the app loader when it's saved under a different file extention?
    At the bottom there is a file extension drop down...Click it and it will let you choose more than just the .ALX or .Ali files it says all files...then go to the top and click add....you will need to know where you saved it>click it and then follow the promps.
    05-18-09 06:40 PM
    I'm aware of how to change the save as file type, but when i download the file from the internet, I get a File Download box that asks if I want to save the file, or find a program online to open it? I chose to Save it, and when I go to change the File type, I get .jad Document and All Files. At this point it doesn't matter what I choose, I saves it as a .jad file. So I open App Loader, and click Browse, drop the File type down to all files, and there's my file. I select the file, and it acts like it trys to download it, then says, "No additional applications designed for your device were found. I click okay, and I'm brought back to the list of applications it did find. My choices are, Browse, Options, Main Menu, Back or Next.
    05-18-09 07:00 PM
    I'm aware of how to change the save as file type, but when i download the file from the internet, I get a File Download box that asks if I want to save the file, or find a program online to open it? I chose to Save it, and when I go to change the File type, I get .jad Document and All Files. At this point it doesn't matter what I choose, I saves it as a .jad file. So I open App Loader, and click Browse, drop the File type down to all files, and there's my file. I select the file, and it acts like it trys to download it, then says, "No additional applications designed for your device were found. I click okay, and I'm brought back to the list of applications it did find. My choices are, Browse, Options, Main Menu, Back or Next.
    Ahhhhhh
    Gottcha...been there done that....I eventually got it by doing an OTA download...I'm sure there is another way to do it but I'm all outta answers and Not gonna make sheoit up.
    05-18-09 07:03 PM
    Well. There in lies another problem. The OTA download isn't working either. I can't click on the "Download" link. I can click on all the other links to get to that point, but the mouse just rolls over the Download link.
    Last edited by j_bow30; 05-18-09 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Attempting battery pull......
    05-18-09 07:11 PM
    Well. There in lies another problem. The OTA download isn't working either. I can't click on the "Download" link. I can click on all the other links to get to that point, but the mouse just rolls over the Download link.
    PimpMyBerry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry! Go here (It's worth it) and see if they have the theme you're trying to load. You have to sign up, but the themes are free and so is the registration.
    05-18-09 07:24 PM
    PimpMyBerry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry! Go here (It's worth it) and see if they have the theme you're trying to load. You have to sign up, but the themes are free and so is the registration.
    on my way there as we speak. i'll let ya know!
    05-18-09 07:26 PM
    not finding what i'm looking for.
    05-18-09 07:48 PM
    not finding what i'm looking for.
    One thing that I did was that I found the theme design (the way the folders came up) not really worrying about what the background was then I added what I wanted for the background. I went with a Bold design. Then used this for the background.

Last edited by Skia; 05-18-09 at 08:12 PM.
    05-18-09 08:10 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    05-18-09 08:35 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    05-18-09 10:44 PM
    Looking for this one for the bold, can it be found at the same place?
    05-18-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD