Hi everyone,

I'm a new blackberry user of about a week now. After trying BB, I can't see why anyone uses iphonxiphone or android. What I really like about BB is how customizable it is...which brings me to my question. I understand that its not possible to change theme and preserve icon positions and folders. However, in the theme studio, is there a way to use the current icon positions in a new theme? I just want to take thee default precision zen theme and make it blue but don't want to rearrange all the icons again.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 10:42 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm a new blackberry user of about a week now. After trying BB, I can't see why anyone uses iphonxiphone or android. What I really like about BB is how customizable it is...which brings me to my question. I understand that its not possible to change theme and preserve icon positions and folders. However, in the theme studio, is there a way to use the current icon positions in a new theme? I just want to take thee default precision zen theme and make it blue but don't want to rearrange all the icons again.

Thanks in advance

After installing any theme you will need to move your icons to the desired positions, even if the theme is the same with a different look. Reason for thisais most themes have a different look which means your icons would wind up in different spots anyway.
    Your positions will save unless you delete your theme(s). Theme settings are also backed up any time you do a full backup with Desktop Manager, provided that the theme hasn't been deleted already.
    07-23-10 12:12 AM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to Crackberry

As genomos mentioned, there is no way to preserve your icon order when creating a new theme using the Builder tool or installing a new theme to your device.

Luckily unless you have hundreds of 3rd party apps installed it should only take a couple minutes to re-arrange your order after loading a new theme - I have it down to a science as I tend to change themes often
    07-23-10 09:10 AM
    For all of my themes, I use/create the same folders and put the apps there. I wish I could specify a default "config" for all my themes.
    07-23-10 09:18 AM
    For all of my themes, I use/create the same folders and put the apps there. I wish I could specify a default "config" for all my themes.
    That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for your help though everyone.

07-23-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD