Hey all,

I tried searching for an answer and maybe I missed it but I cannot upload from the Desktop Manager the .alx file to the BB for themes. All are for my BB, the 8800.

I have seen many others have had this issue to but I can't seem to find a fix.

I have no issue provided I can actually download directly to the BB when surfing to the site on the BB itself. Lots of cool homemade themes don't allow for that though.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks!!
    06-10-08 07:24 PM
    you are extracting the zip's contents to an accessible folder correct? ( im sure you are but just making sure)
    06-10-08 07:41 PM
    Installing a theme on your Blackberry via a computer (Desktop Manager Download)

Step 1. Download your desired theme. Themes are usually placed within ZIP packages, so unzip the files anywhere on your PC whenever they are downloaded. (Make sure the theme is made for your OS version)

Step 2. Connect your Blackberry via USB and run Desktop Manager and Hit “Application Loader.”

Step 3. Press next until you reach the Device Application Selector dialog. Hit the “Add” button, and navigate to your extracted theme file.

Step 4. Finish the installation process by pressing next/ok. Your BB should restart.

Step 5. Go to Options > Themes on your bb to activate theme.
    06-10-08 07:57 PM
    I have been able to figure it out. Seems I also have to upload the other file with it, I guess the program that created it.

Anyway, I uploaded that one first then the .alx file and all is good.

I've had this BB for a year now and I have just started to change things up and I have to say, this BB is a very versitle piece of equipment!

Thanks for the posts guys/gals, the answers were helpful.
    06-10-08 10:36 PM
    hey there, sorry to jump on this thread, but i have a problem adding things through the desktop manager. i followed what CUTDACHECK2003 said, but i get this message "No additional applications designed for your device were found", i dont understand what i did wrong. i have an 8130 pearl and the theme i chose was designed for it. any help would be great. thanks everyone!
    06-15-08 01:36 AM
    There should be two files in the zip, download the other one (not the .axl one) first then you will be able to download the .axl fine.

HTH.
    06-15-08 01:47 AM
    I have been able to figure it out. Seems I also have to upload the other file with it, I guess the program that created it.

Anyway, I uploaded that one first then the .alx file and all is good.

I've had this BB for a year now and I have just started to change things up and I have to say, this BB is a very versitle piece of equipment!

Thanks for the posts guys/gals, the answers were helpful.
    No frickin way...
    J?
    Is it you?
    Are you...were you a "BB member"?
    I think I went camping with you....(wink)

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 06-16-08 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Happy happy happy!!!
    06-16-08 01:15 PM
    That be me Det, check your PM's!

Small world huh.
    06-17-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD