I have never had problems installing themes. They always plugged right into my phone, no problem at all. All of the sudden when I'm attempting to install the .alx file with Desktop Manager it keeps giving me the error message, "No additional applications designed for your device were found."

I have a BlackBerry 8130. v4.3.0.71

I have double checked to ensure the version number matches up. I just don't understand. I've uninstalled prior themes I've had, and attempted to reinstall them, and it won't work.

I've searched the forums, but can't really seem to find anything exactly related to this unless I'm completely overlooking something. All I seem to find are the steps in downloading the themes. None of which work. .jad files won't work, OTA transfers won't work, and using Desktop Manager won't work. AHHH! I've actually restored the phone, pulled the battery... Nothing works.

Any more ideas?!
    08-04-08 06:26 PM
    Do you have the BB OS installed on your computer?
    08-04-08 06:28 PM
    Upgrade to Desktop Manager v4.5 and that should work. It did for me. Download the new DM at BlackBerry.com for free...
    08-04-08 06:29 PM
    I am going to give that a shot right now! I have the version that came with the CD-ROM in the phone packaging. Version Desktop Manager v4.3. Hopefully it will work for me too!

No, I do not BBEnriched. I haven't monkeyed with BB OS yet -- I'm kind of scared to.
    08-04-08 06:33 PM
    It worked! Thank you so very very much! What a simple fix to what I thought was a complex problem, ay? lol

I must say, I like v 4.5 much better!
    08-04-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD