I have downloaded some themes from here to my computer. I then try to put them on my phone. I am using the desktop manager, app loader. It is looking for axl files but the ones downloaded are jda files. what to do?
    11-04-08 11:52 PM
    11-04-08 11:57 PM
    .jad files are meant to be dowloaded directly from your bb's browser via internet
    11-05-08 01:34 AM
    Is there a way to convert those files.
    11-06-08 07:56 AM
    No there isn't. You need to read the link I gave you.
    11-06-08 04:07 PM
    easy....copy and paste the .jad files onto your memory card or phone memory into the blackberry folder using the usb cable or a card reader. Then open your media application then press BB menu button and select "explore". You will see the .jad files and you will be able to open them by clicking on them or by using menu and open. The only other way to install the .jad is to enter the download link into your phone's browser as that's the way it's meant to be installed as it is an OTA file.
    11-14-08 05:02 AM
    newbies lol
    11-14-08 09:21 AM
    hey all I have a question i downloaded the .jad files and put them a memory card in the BB, I opened it and it was cool then i put download it sort of starts then it says Download Failed... so i click on details and it says 907 Invalid COD file not found I can't send it to my BB because I dont have the desktop manager so im dragging files into sd card... someone help please! thanks!
    11-14-08 01:58 PM
    The ".jad" file is basically just the information file of the theme and it is similar to a Table of Contents that tells the blackberry how the theme is organized and which files are part of the theme. The files that the .jad file refers to are the .cod files which are the actual complied component files of the theme. It appears that the problem you are having is that you have the "table of contents" file for the theme you want but not the actual "content" files for the theme. I hope that made sense.
    11-14-08 02:20 PM
    yeah it kinda did thanks so much but what should i do then???
    11-14-08 02:54 PM
    You would need the .cod files that correspond to the .jad files in order to use the theme so you can work on getting those. However the easier thing to do is probably to go back to the same place you downloaded the .jad files from and instead of using your computer, use your blackberry browser to do so.
    11-14-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD