i'm about to attempt to make my first theme and had a couple questions
    -what is your turn around time in completing a specific theme?
    -how hard is it for a beginner to get in an create a theme?
    -do you guys create your own icons? if not where do you get them from?
    04-24-09 05:33 PM
    -what is your turn around time in completing a specific theme?
    depends on how deeply I customize it, could take a half hour for a simple theme that people request with wallpapers/colors changed, up to a few hours for a better theme, but I found that the best take me at least a week to finish with all the tweaking I do. so an average of a few hours for a "regular" theme, counting the time it takes to find the resources.

-how hard is it for a beginner to get in an create a theme?
    not hard at all, infact when you download plazmic and open a new file, you essentially have a full theme to work with. graphics editing software (photoshop etc.) is a big help too. best thing to do is immerse yourself in plazmic and do some trial and error.

-do you guys create your own icons? if not where do you get them from?
    there's a lot of icons floating around out there, you can find a section of the forums on pimpmyberry.com dedicated to theme elements including icons, deviantart.com (mostly iphone style icons) and lots of windows-type icons on vistaicons.com. google works too, there's a whole lot out there if you do some searching. also, stock photo sites have a lot of ideas too (crestock.com, shutterstock.com, etc)

the nice thing about blackberry themes is you can really get creative with it since there's so much to customize.

hope this helps, and good luck with it.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-26-09 at 06:06 AM.
    04-26-09 06:04 AM
    that right wat he said ( ninja) when u get plazmic its kinda self explanatory it takes few hours if u have pre made icons but for a more original one u need to make your own icons and graphix that will be time consuming . u can use any graphic software u r familiar with to speed up the proccess my self im using photoshop ans illustrator .
    04-28-09 02:47 AM
    sweet thank you guys for your responses. i just opened it plazmic up a couple mins ago and its a little overwhelming hahah.
    04-28-09 01:09 PM
    where are the images that come with plazmic located at so that i can use photoshop to edit them?
    04-28-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD