07-17-09 03:15 PM
53 123
tools
    Hey all,
    First time user of Plazmic and I am having issues with the install and I was hoping for some guidance. I downloaded Plazmic 4.2.2 and tried to install, and then realized I needed to get some other programs first; JDK, etc. So this is the software I downloaded:

Plazmic 4.2.2
    -From BB Website

Blackberry JDE 4.2.0

-From BB Website

Java Dev. Kit (JDK) 1.5.0.16
    -From Sun Microsystems Website

BlackBerry Email MDS 4.1.4
    -From BB Website

So I tried to install Plazmic and it told me I had to install the JDE, so I did that then tried again and I was told to install the JDK. After installing both of those I figured it would now work, after installing three different apps, but no.

Then I got the notification about needing the email simulator. I am not exactly sure what this does or why I even need it to run a theme builder, but it says I do and wont let me proceed without it.

The plazmic installer has no issues with finding the directory for the BB JDE, but still can not find the email simulator anywhere. I tried pointing it to the directory, but then it tells me that the file "fledge.exe" is missing. I browsed to the directory and found "fledge.exe" in the original directory that plazmic was looking in, and tried to install again with the original directory, getting an error that says it can not find the simulator.

Then I uninstalled the simulator and re-installed it in the c:research in motion/JDE/simulator or whatever it is, and pointed it there and it still didnt work.

I am lost and confused and just want to start making my own themes! Argh!

Help me please! Thanks in advance!
    07-10-08 09:47 AM
    The install process is really confusing... having to grab different files from all over different places

I am also having similar problems and I wanted to look into creating my own themes. My solution thus far was to wait until the next Plazmic SDK is released! This will have more options, from what I hear, anyhow!

After a half hour of hassling and not getting it to work... I gave up.

It kept asking for a different JDK, when I had the most recent installed, etc!
    07-10-08 09:56 AM
    After a half hour of hassling and not getting it to work... I gave up.

I've had the same issues as bmcclure. The installer is very picky about the libraries you have to download for it to work. I just gave up. If I were you, I would find one of the theme builders here on CB that takes requests and send them a friendly PM. Just my 2c.
    07-10-08 11:17 AM
    I've had the same issues as bmcclure. The installer is very picky about the libraries you have to download for it to work. I just gave up. If I were you, I would find one of the theme builders here on CB that takes requests and send them a friendly PM. Just my 2c.
    Yeah I gave up as well. I would PM a theme builder and ask them to help me out, but I am not even sure of exactly what I want. And wheres the fun in having someone else do it for you, right? :-)
    07-10-08 11:51 AM
    The most frustrating thing is navigating the dumb@$$ Java site to find the correct JDK and JRE!! I got the most recent one, so why would it not be compatible... makes no sense!! And their site is no bad, you find the damn file and there is no link do DL!
    07-10-08 11:53 AM
    To be honest, it probably took me 6 months to get everything installed right and to get it to work. Embarrassing I know. It feels like you have to download 15 different applications etc. I just kept trying and finally something clicked. It was pretty stressful. I don't remember what it was that got it, but don't give up!
    07-10-08 01:39 PM
    To be honest, it probably took me 6 months to get everything installed right and to get it to work. Embarrassing I know. It feels like you have to download 15 different applications etc. I just kept trying and finally something clicked. It was pretty stressful. I don't remember what it was that got it, but don't give up!
    Thanks for the support NancyDrew!! You are one of the finest theme builders and creators around!! Thanks for sharing your work and themes for FREE! It really means a lot to have a dedicated and passionate user (like all of us) share their work with the community!! We all love it!
    07-10-08 06:24 PM
    Thanks Nancy. I think I am going to do as BM intends and wait for the next version of Plazmic to be released and then try again. For now I have been frustrated enough by this! Also I am lovin your mario theme. Thanks!
    07-10-08 10:19 PM
    That's your problem right there. You need to install the exact specific file it asks for, some of which are not the most current releases. It took me two days to figure that out, but once I did it ran smoothly.

When you start to install Plazmic, it's going to ask you to point it to the specific files. Copy down that specific version number and be sure that you download exactly what it is asking for.

That should solve your problem.
    07-11-08 02:44 AM
    Thanks Kronk! I knew it needed the exact, specific version... and that is what I found frustrating!! Especially because it does not support the new version (or the new version, more likely, does not support Plazmic).

Either way, the install process is a pain in the a$$!! And the Java site is not a pleasant experience either, I know from this expereience and many others... attempting to find and install what you are looking for can be a hassle
    07-11-08 07:27 AM
    I also had a few problems with Plazmic....one thing to check is if you are running vista...I am and was told it doesn't work with Vista but it does trust me. It does take a while but try searching in google for Plazmic install help or something. This should eventually point you to a site that has all of the exact links that you need to instal plazmic. I uninstalled everything once I found this site and just started from scratch using their links....I wish i had the site in favorites but i forgot....
    07-11-08 07:45 AM
    You ain't kidding. It took me less time to create my first theme (the Resident Evil one) than it did to install the program. It's worth it though.
    07-11-08 07:46 AM
    Once I find exact links... I may try to post them to this thread...

If I ever find them.... that is a first step... and if I wanna take the time to do it. I really do not feel like getting frustrated on a Friday!
    07-11-08 05:56 PM
    i think i can help!
    i, just like the rest, had to go to ****, around the corner, thru the tunnel and back again to find all these programs!
    and thanks for external hard drives, i have ALL the programs on file.
    soooooooo i can add them to my server, and anyone can download them there.
    thats if yall like.
    07-11-08 07:02 PM
    i think i can help!
    i, just like the rest, had to go to ****, around the corner, thru the tunnel and back again to find all these programs!
    thats if yall like.
    That would be absolutely amazing!! OrangTX you are a f*cking God right now!!

I am sure I could have searched till h3lls end for the files, posted all the links and helped out... but the server idea is wonderful!!

(NOTE : I will still work on hunting down the files at some point so that the links are available in this thread and other members do not have to go thru all the hunting! )
    07-11-08 07:06 PM
    i think i can help!
    thats if yall like.
    That's awesome.

Can you please help us out by putting it on your server?

It's very difficult trying to find all the right version of pieces it need. It's difficult and I'm a programmer.
    07-11-08 07:11 PM
    thats whats up then! ill post them tonight.
    it would be great if they made it easy for us! but being free, they had to get something outta it! and thats the paint they put us thru!
    07-11-08 07:14 PM
    It's difficult and I'm a programmer.
    Same how sad
    07-11-08 07:17 PM
    AND HERE IT IS

ok. i dont know the exact order that they go in, so ill list the files thats in the zips

now some files you might see 2 but different versions. i gave 2 depending on what it ask you, casue i forgot! i was getting so mad during the process i cant remember everything. BUT this is ALL the files needed.
    if it isnt, and i doubt that might be the case, just let me know.
    have fun homies!

SET 1 122mb
    Plazmic_CDK_v4_1
    Plazmic_CDK_v4_2_2
    http://www.3sgraphics.biz/plazmicset1.zip

SET 2 90.6
    jdk-1_5_0_15-nb-6_1-windows
    GenuineCheck
    GenuineCheck-1
    http://www.3sgraphics.biz/plazmicset2.zip

SET3 260kb
    dxwebsetup
    http://www.3sgraphics.biz/plazmicset3.zip

SET 4 80.3mb
    BlackBerry_JDE_4.2.0
    http://www.3sgraphics.biz/plazmicset4.zip

SET 5 79.8mb
    BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.0-4
    BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4
    http://www.3sgraphics.biz/plazmicset5.zip
    07-12-08 11:33 AM
    Thanks a ton Orange!! This will now be a reference tool for a ton of new theme builders!!

Much, much, much appreciated!!
    07-12-08 02:26 PM
    Thanks a ton Orange!! This will now be a reference tool for a ton of new theme builders!!

Much, much, much appreciated!!
    hey no prob! im glad i can help my fell CB peeps out!

in a few, when i start back working on my site, im going to put all my icons up. i have about 2000+, and im making new ones when i get free time. so that will be helpful also to many theme builders!
    07-12-08 02:40 PM
    hey no prob! im glad i can help my fell CB peeps out!

in a few, when i start back working on my site, im going to put all my icons up. i have about 2000+, and im making new ones when i get free time. so that will be helpful also to many theme builders!
    Thanks a ton man
    07-12-08 03:59 PM
    i forgot what a nightmare it was to find all those files - what an awesome public service this thread is if we ever have to reinstall!

i don't feel like such a loser that i almost quit trying when i was struggling on that stupid java site for the right downloads!
    07-12-08 04:08 PM
    Anyone have any idea when the next Plazmic version will be released? I hope we'll be able to create today plus and bottom zen themes on it?
    07-12-08 04:16 PM
    Anyone have any idea when the next Plazmic version will be released? I hope we'll be able to create today plus and bottom zen themes on it?
    Not sure when the next Plazmic will be released... but I know you can make "L" and Bottom Zen Themes
    07-12-08 04:19 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD