I just purchased a JC Designs - Gadgetbean theme through the Crackberry store and the download link comes back as "Page not Found".

What's up with that?
    07-27-10 11:33 AM
    Did you contact support at the Crackberry store or at JC Designs? I would suggest you go that route rather than showing your immaturity by slamming a themebuilder on a public forum.

Do you always have a temper tantrum when your immediate gratification isn't sated, or are you just having a bad day?
    07-27-10 09:59 PM
    JC delivers quality work.

More than likely it has to do with the link and not the developer.

+1 acecommander on your second statement.
    07-28-10 02:55 AM
    Before posting a thread such as this, you really should have contacted

- The CrackBerry store
    - Mobihand, who run the Crackberry store
    - JC Designs Blackberry Themes | Blackberry Accessories

All the above have easily accessible email accounts.

Your goal should have been to find out what had gone wrong with this one single transaction.

Instead you have given bad publicity to a respected and very clever long term designer of BlackBerry themes.

I am very disapointed to read the content of this thread and even more disapointed in somene who is old enough to own a credit card or PayPal account but does not have the patience or maturity to work to resolve a simple problem.

Please now work this issue with the above entities and then come back here with some resolution results.
    07-28-10 04:20 AM
    To everyone who has responded to my OP,

I contacted everyone you all suggested, to no avail. The only response was from John C of Gadgetbean (the developer) and he said it wasn't his issue.

I also used the search engine in this forum and found at least one other that had a similar problem with a purchase from Gadgetbean.

You know who's disappointed? I'm disappointed that I purchased something through Crackberry/Mobihand and I didn't get what I paid for.

The three of you showed your immaturity with your responses. Especially Pete6; you're supposed to be a moderator? Do you think your "cute" response was appropriate?

I stand by my OP.
    Last edited by ohio_golfer; 07-28-10 at 04:41 AM.
    07-28-10 04:39 AM
    To everyone who has responded to my OP,

I contacted everyone you all suggested, to no avail. The only response was from John C of Gadgetbean (the developer) and he said it wasn't his issue.

I also used the search engine in this forum and found at least one other that had a similar problem with a purchase from Gadgetbean.

You know who's disappointed? I'm disappointed that I purchased something through Crackberry/Mobihand and I didn't get what I paid for.

The three of you showed your immaturity with your responses. Especially Pete6; you're supposed to be a moderator? Do you think your "cute" response was appropriate?

I stand by my OP.
    As you say, I am a very funny man but not in this case.

My role as a moderator is always to moderate posts fairly. In this case I evaluated your original post word for word. I made a suggestion that you follow a procedure. I now see from your last post that you say that you have done this. You did not initially say so. Why not?

JC Designs is a long term contributor to our forums and BlackBerrys. I have never seen such a post as yours directed against him. My own experience with John has always been good over the years as has that I one other moderator with whom I checked eralier today.

Quite clearly something has gone wrong with this transaction. It can be fixed. All it takes is a little time and patience. This sort of thing happens to all of us from time to time and it is very frustrating. However please do not fly off the handle like a child throwing a tantrum with half explainations when thing do go wrong and then make it worse by complaining when others do not agree with you.

Managing mistakes made by others requires care and maturity.

So what should you do now?

Please contact the Crackberry store here BlackBerry Apps Support - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store and inform them of the problem. I have done this myself in the past and carefully explain the facts of the situation to them and I am sure that they will rectify this situation for you.

John Gadgetbean is correct. This sale is not his problem. He hands his products to Mobihand/Crackberry store and they are then responsible for distribution, billing and a few other things.

Please try to work this issue and bring it to a reasonable close.

I do not like it when people do not get products they have paid for from our store. That is clearly not right but, in my experience mistakes have ALWAYS been rectified.

I will work with you, if you wish to help you work this issue. Please just write back in this thread which I wish to keep completely open and public.
    07-28-10 07:32 AM
    As you say, I am a very funny man but not in this case.

My role as a moderator is always to moderate posts fairly. In this case I evaluated your original post word for word. I made a suggestion that you follow a procedure. I now see from your last post that you say that you have done this. You did not initially say so. Why not?

JC Designs is a long term contributor to our forums and BlackBerrys. I have never seen such a post as yours directed against him. My own experience with John has always been good over the years as has that I one other moderator with whom I checked eralier today.

Quite clearly something has gone wrong with this transaction. It can be fixed. All it takes is a little time and patience. This sort of thing happens to all of us from time to time and it is very frustrating. However please do not fly off the handle like a child throwing a tantrum with half explainations when thing do go wrong and then make it worse by complaining when others do not agree with you.

Managing mistakes made by others requires care and maturity.

So what should you do now?

Please contact the Crackberry store here BlackBerry Apps Support - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store and inform them of the problem. I have done this myself in the past and carefully explain the facts of the situation to them and I am sure that they will rectify this situation for you.

John Gadgetbean is correct. This sale is not his problem. He hands his products to Mobihand/Crackberry store and they are then responsible for distribution, billing and a few other things.

Please try to work this issue and bring it to a reasonable close.

I do not like it when people do not get products they have paid for from our store. That is clearly not right but, in my experience mistakes have ALWAYS been rectified.

I will work with you, if you wish to help you work this issue. Please just write back in this thread which I wish to keep completely open and public.
    First, you'll have to explain why you keep saying my post is "like a child throwing a tantrum". I made a simple statement without emotion. The fact you took it differently is not my problem.

Second, to your question about me not posting everything I did. Where does one start and where does one end? Don't you think you could have simply asked "did you contact Crackberry?", "did you contact Mobihand?", etc. Isn't this a forum where people can start conversations and get feedback?

Lastly, as to your "role as a moderator"; I don't know your arrangement with Crackberry nor do I know your direction from them, so I won't say anything other than your response seems out of line to me.
    07-28-10 08:22 AM
    I agree with Pete...
    07-28-10 08:26 AM
    I am not a moderator, nor do I purchase themes. There is nothing out of line with what Pete said. You are the one acting childish. If you truely had to bash someone, the developer is not the right choice. It is not like the theme bricked your BB. Contact the store with ALL the facts and in a mature manner and I am positive the problem will be resolved. You are not gonna get much sympathy the way you are treating people.

Are you gonna blame the movie producer for the kid at walmart not putting the movie in your sack?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 08:40 AM
    Ohio,

Imo it's you who's being out of line.

If you call customer service of a speciic company do you not explain to them the problem you are having or do you just say "what's up with that?'

If your op would have been clear on what steps you had already taken before posting then you probably would not have had 3 people ask you if you contacted any one that might be a part of it.

Instead you want to take offense to your supposed tratment because some are saying the initial creation of this tread was an immature act.

If I may offer my opinion as to why they are reffering to your posts as "anchild throwing a tantrum" is because usually getting information from someone throwing a tantrum is usually overblown and trying to get the relevant information is time consuming.

You said you contacted the people involved, it is entirely possible that mobihand has received your email and just not had a moment to respond.
    07-28-10 08:53 AM
    I am not a moderator, nor do I purchase themes. There is nothing out of line with what Pete said. You are the one acting childish. If you truely had to bash someone, the developer is not the right choice. It is not like the theme bricked your BB. Contact the store with ALL the facts and in a mature manner and I am positive the problem will be resolved. You are not gonna get much sympathy the way you are treating people.

Are you gonna blame the movie producer for the kid at walmart not putting the movie in your sack?

I would assume (maybe my first mistake) that there is some kind of business arrangement between the developer and the retailer. That being the case, the developer is part and parcel to the transaction.

You all keep saying that I bashed the developer; I made a simple declaration. I've treated nobody with disrespect.

1. I've contacted the "store", but they haven't bothered to respond.

2. I don't shop at Walmart.

3. Attitudes like yours and some of the other respondents are why RIM gets away with selling garbage like the Storm.

But thanks for your comments, all of you.
    07-28-10 08:58 AM
    I have never purchased themes from this developer. However, I had a problem downloading another theme I purchased on the CB store on July 24. I contacted the developer and was able to download the theme yesterday. I suspect that there was some temporary glitch in the OTA hosting.

By the way, the CB App Store has nothing to do with RIM and the Storm, or any other device for that matter. CB is not affiliated with RIM.
    07-28-10 09:09 AM
    I think someone wants to sling insults just because he feels he can, and is trying to hit every button he can whether it is relevant or not.
    07-28-10 09:28 AM
    2. I don't shop at Walmart.
    With your holier than thou attitude it is obvious it is lower than you.

By the way, the CB App Store has nothing to do with RIM and the Storm, or any other device for that matter. CB is not affiliated with RIM.
    It is by his reasoning.

You all keep saying that I bashed the developer; I made a simple declaration.
    What do you call the title?

07-28-10 09:30 AM
    Ohio,

Imo it's you who's being out of line.

If you call customer service of a speciic company do you not explain to them the problem you are having or do you just say "what's up with that?'

If your op would have been clear on what steps you had already taken before posting then you probably would not have had 3 people ask you if you contacted any one that might be a part of it.

Instead you want to take offense to your supposed tratment because some are saying the initial creation of this tread was an immature act.

If I may offer my opinion as to why they are reffering to your posts as "anchild throwing a tantrum" is because usually getting information from someone throwing a tantrum is usually overblown and trying to get the relevant information is time consuming.

You said you contacted the people involved, it is entirely possible that mobihand has received your email and just not had a moment to respond.
    This is a forum, a place for discussions. This is not customer service. That's not what I put in my emails that I sent regarding this transaction.

I'm not sure I even know what point you're trying to make, so I won't try.

But thanks for your comments and suggestions.
    07-28-10 09:37 AM
    Yes its a forum, however if you want help with a particular issue do you state what your problem is and what steps you have taken so that others may offer suggestions you may have not thought of or do you just write "HELP" with no other info.
    07-28-10 09:44 AM
    Obviously the RIM and Storm analogy didn't go over well; perhaps it was my delivery.

I didn't mean to infer CB had anything to do with RIM or the Storm, only that users (myself included) made excuses for that very poor (my opinion) piece of equipment. It seems that either RIM rushed to get a touchscreen to the consumer or they didn't mind having us pay for something that functioned less than perfect.

When I make a purchase (including here), even for a quarter, I expect to get what was promised to me. And I expect to get it without having to fight for it.

Am I wrong for commenting when the process doesn't go as expected? Absolutely not!

I'm rather amused by many of the comments, but not shocked in the least bit.
    07-28-10 09:48 AM
    I agree with you that you should expect what you pay for, all I'm trying to say is perhaps a lil bit more info in the op may have avoided the "name calling" and quite possibly your issue could have been resolved by now.

Good Luck in getting your theme.
    (thats why I stick to free ones, no money lost if i dont like the theme)
    07-28-10 09:53 AM
    No one said you couldn't comment on things not going as expected. We do that all the time. Your title unjustly put the blame on the wrong person. You didn't give all the details and got upset because people suggested you do what you already tried.

It has been almost 24 hours. Try sending another email - in a calm manner. Depending on what you titled the email, it could have been filtered to spam. Things like that happen all the time.

07-28-10 09:56 AM
    Yes its a forum, however if you want help with a particular issue do you state what your problem is and what steps you have taken so that others may offer suggestions you may have not thought of or do you just write "HELP" with no other info.
    I started the thread with what happened; I paid for something and didn't get it. I didn't bash anyone or call anyone names. Nor did I make any insinuations about any of the forum members. I can't say the same for many of the responders and I still believe the moderator was out of line with his/her comments.

I think this link says it best: The real purpose of forum moderators revealed | Community Building

The primary role of a forum moderator should be to promote interaction. A forum moderator should be posting new threads and adding new content to the site. They should be helping out members with their queries and they should be keeping threads alive by asking question.
    07-28-10 09:56 AM
    No one said you couldn't comment on things not going as expected. We do that all the time. Your title unjustly put the blame on the wrong person. You didn't give all the details and got upset because people suggested you do what you already tried.

It has been almost 24 hours. Try sending another email - in a calm manner. Depending on what you titled the email, it could have been filtered to spam. Things like that happen all the time.

Thanks for your comments, but I'd appreciate if you go away. I don't like your condescending attitude.

Regards.
    07-28-10 09:59 AM
    I have had enought of this.

I have PM'd JC Designs directing him to this thread.

Thread closed.
    07-28-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD