Hello,
    im a newbie...i love all the themes, i currently have 15 installed....but that's where my problem/question begins this: is there a way to have your blackberry choose a theme at randon each day? how cool would that be?

Thanks in advance,
    STILLIRISE
    06-04-08 08:03 PM
    Nope, sorry -

Only one at a time - and having 15 installed on your BB is a HUGE memory hog.
    06-04-08 08:06 PM
    that would be cool if you had unlimited device memory. however for now that only exists on fantasy island.
    just find some icons you like and change the wallpaper.
    Last edited by shadygrady; 06-04-08 at 08:09 PM.
    06-04-08 08:07 PM
    WOW 15 themes!! how much memory do u have left?
    06-04-08 08:56 PM
    I must admit....I'm a bit of a theme freak too
    06-04-08 08:58 PM
    thanks people, i had no idea that the themes drained on the memory...i thought the system pulled the themes from the media card.
    06-04-08 09:01 PM
    Theme Freaks - try to get your themes as ZIP files, as opposed to downloading OTA. Then create a folder on you PC to store them in and switch between themes using the app loader. Will save a ton of device memory. I try to only keep 2 or 3 on my BB.
    06-04-08 09:02 PM
    gs i have this much memory left 28594888 bytes ...i have curve 8330, i think i have 96mb of internal memory
    06-04-08 09:06 PM
    15 themes may be a little too much.
    06-04-08 09:13 PM
    how do you delete themes?
    06-04-08 09:24 PM
    Options> advanced> applications> scroll to the theme> menu> Delete.
    06-04-08 09:25 PM
    Options> advanced> applications> scroll to the theme> menu> Delete.

thats not an options?

i unlocked all the stock ones i have:
    AT&T
    bb icon
    bb L
    bb today
    bb zen
    bell
    02 todaY
    02 zen
    orange today
    orange zen
    rogers
    sprint
    telefonica
    tim
    tmobile
    verizon
    vodafone today green
    vodafone today white
    06-04-08 09:41 PM
    Use your desktop manager to delete the themes. Hook up your phone, open DM, click on apploader and uncheck the themes u want to delete
    06-04-08 10:57 PM
    Use your desktop manager to delete the themes. Hook up your phone, open DM, click on apploader and uncheck the themes u want to delete
    tried that ... themes dont show up at all there ...

i didn't down load them if that makes a difference..

i did the "unlock all the themes" where you edit the blackberry.alx file and load it on to your phone..

i can just put the unedited one on my phone and drop them all but i want to keep some of them ..
    06-04-08 11:11 PM
    To delete vendor themes, you have to remove the .cod files (for the themes you don't want) from the java folder on your PC. Then connect your phone and run the desktop manager. Don't lose those .cod files though because you can put them back the same way. Vendor themes won't appear in the desktop manager with check boxes, just bypass that part.
    Last edited by charliej66; 06-05-08 at 07:48 AM.
    06-05-08 07:31 AM
    To delete vendor themes, you have to remove the .cod files (for the themes you don't want) from the java folder on your PC. Then connect your phone and run the desktop manager. Don't lose those .cod files though because you can put them back the same way. Vendor themes won't appear in the desktop manager with check boxes, just bypass that part.

thank you ... trying that now
    06-05-08 11:49 AM
    thank you that worked

i did some digging after you pointed me in the right direction and came up with this link

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

walked me through it step by step ...

im back to the themes i want and 23meg free
    06-05-08 12:23 PM
    Sure. I'm sure you have read not to remove the BB dimension zen theme. Apperantly other themes need that one to work. I've also noticed things like the O2 Today theme won't work without the O2 Zen theme. My Crackberry Abuser theme won't work without the BB Dimension Icom theme. It's kinda fun figuring it all out.
    06-05-08 12:31 PM
    Yeah after I re booted I read that part and had to re-install all those

But thanks again.
    06-05-08 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD