I always try to push the limitations of theme building, I've learned so much along the way. Now I present to you... "XMB"

Why, you ask? Because my hands are on a PS3 remote if they're not on my BlackBerry. This is the closest anyone's ever going to get to the Playstation 3's XMB menu, guaranteed. And best of all, absolutely zero lag exists! So go on, try it for yourself, I promise you won't be disappointed

This picture REALLY doesn't do it any justice...

This is XMB and will be finished in a few days time, you may stop drooling now. So far, the first 3 tabs are done (Home, Communication, Media), which you can check out in the preview. The remaining tabs are Browser, Productivity, Games, Favourites, and Settings. Here is what each tab will contain:

Browser - launches the Browser, will not contain anything.
    Productivity - Calendar, Clock, MemoPad, Tasks, Calculator
    Games - Brickbreaker, Wordmole
    Favourites - This is a tab you can customize, it will contain any 6 apps of your choice. You will need to place these apps in slots #1 - #6.
    Settings - Manage Connections, Options

Download XMB Preview HERE

I've attached the wallpaper to this post, so please don't ask for it.
    02-25-10 02:37 AM
    Looks good, can't wait to see how it compares to this one.

02-25-10 02:57 AM
    Looks good, can't wait to see how it compares to this one.

Funny story, that's actually what made me want to make my own, since I wasn't satisfied with that one! Did you give mine a try? That's basically how it's gonna work, minus the incomplete tabs.
    02-25-10 02:59 AM
    Awh, no 8500?
    02-25-10 06:54 AM
    Home screen icons don't work for me on my Bold 9000 (5.0.0.464). I can see the top banner, but there are no icons on the home page.
    02-25-10 10:17 AM
    Hey, sorry about that! It's fixed now, enjoy =)
    02-25-10 12:31 PM
    It works now. Not bad, pretty smooth transitions. My immediate concern is why the columns move off to the left of the screen when you scroll down a column. To me it might be better if the column stayed in the original position and simply slid up/down instead of to the left as well.
    02-25-10 01:37 PM
    It works now. Not bad, pretty smooth transitions. My immediate concern is why the columns move off to the left of the screen when you scroll down a column. To me it might be better if the column stayed in the original position and simply slid up/down instead of to the left as well.
    Well, the only problem with that is the when you scroll down, the items overlap with the header tabs, so for example if I focused in on the Music icon, the Pictures icon would merge with the Media icon. So, I need to put the columns to the left to avoid this messy business
    02-25-10 05:13 PM
    Well, the only problem with that is the when you scroll down, the items overlap with the header tabs, so for example if I focused in on the Music icon, the Pictures icon would merge with the Media icon. So, I need to put the columns to the left to avoid this messy business
    Well done! I think if you integrated some show/hide code in your SVG, you could work around that issue. Also, I'd recomend removing the profiles icon from the top, and placing it somewhere in a menu.
    02-26-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD