There's a few themes out there that manage to fit in more application icons on the Home screen by making the icons smaller. How do you do this in Theme Builder?
    12-06-09 04:41 AM
    Which themes? Theme Builder allows one size application icon per device type. Let's say the 8530 icons are 52 x 52. The only way to make them smaller is to create a smaller icon, maybe 40 x 40, and put it in a 52 x 52 transparent background. In other words, make the image as small as you want but make sure the entire icon image is 52 x 52 or Theme Builder will resize it.
    12-06-09 09:41 AM
    Ahh, I understand what you're saying now. I guess that leads to my next question, which is how do I get the application icon that allows me to use whatever is chosen as slot one in the Applications screen to show up as a smaller version in the Home screen? An example of a theme that does this is Foppa7 listed here http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/fo...-icons-377542/
    12-06-09 10:48 AM
    First of all make a .png file that's the size of the icon you want (like 50x50). Then in theme studio 5, add a new theme button. Then right-click it and go to edit. Now with the button still selected, go to Objects window and click "focusImage". This should make some options available under the Inspector window now. Under the Properties tab under Inspector window (you should be here by default). Click on Change Bitmap, and select the .png you made. Do the same thing for "normalImage", then right-click your theme button and go to End Editing. Beware though, that resized icons suffer from lack of notification badges and don't update right away. Hope that helps =)
    12-07-09 02:44 PM
    so essentially your overlapping the transparent space?
    12-07-09 08:46 PM
    No, it actually shrinks it.
    12-07-09 09:46 PM
    When you say theme studio do u mean composer or builder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 10:16 AM
    Composer.

(10 chars)
    12-08-09 11:17 AM
    So I've been following this thread and this thread to try out using composer and designing some custom animations. I've got pretty much everything how I want it, except for one thing. The three icons that I have on the homescreen each say "messages" (and all three also bring up the messages app as well) when I test it out in the simulator. I noticed in composer when I would add a new button, all the buttons were the messages icon. Not sure what to do at this point. I have provided my svg file and a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

svg file (in txt format)
    Attachment 48384

Homescreen Screenshot
    Attachment 48383

So basically, I want those three Icons to be user defined. Thought I checked the "use application order" when creating the buttons in composer. Any ideas why it would use only messages as the application name and why I cannot define any application for those three icons?

Additionally, in theme builder, for the navigation I put button, button1 and button2 in the navigation area, each pointing to the Today area.

I'm new to composer but have a pretty good understanding of how coding works.
    12-12-09 10:03 AM
    I'm pretty new to themes myself and don't see any way to do this in Composer itself, so hopefully someone can point this out as well. With that said, if you look at the SVG file you've created there's a line in there that goes

<useApplicationIcons app-id="slot0"

That there basically defines which slot from your Applications screen to use for that particular button. If you look at all your buttons through a text editor such as Notepad, you'll see it's all pointing to the same slot... slot0. Change them to read slot1, slot2, slot3, etc.

I'm not sure how that happened, but Composer has acted up from time to time for me. I had slot1-slot7 set and after a few changes here and there Composer would give me a SVG that had "slot". Since I wanted to keep things in Composer I had to re-do everything...
    12-12-09 11:36 AM
    I'm pretty new to themes myself and don't see any way to do this in Composer itself, so hopefully someone can point this out as well. With that said, if you look at the SVG file you've created there's a line in there that goes

<useApplicationIcons app-id="slot0"

That there basically defines which slot from your Applications screen to use for that particular button. If you look at all your buttons through a text editor such as Notepad, you'll see it's all pointing to the same slot... slot0. Change them to read slot1, slot2, slot3, etc.

I'm not sure how that happened, but Composer has acted up from time to time for me. I had slot1-slot7 set and after a few changes here and there Composer would give me a SVG that had "slot". Since I wanted to keep things in Composer I had to re-do everything...
    Dang, you're right dimm0k. Thought I checked it over well enough, but I guess I missed that. Thanks man, I appreciate it. Sometimes it takes a second pair of eyes to find the issue. Thanks again man, I'll try it and see what the results are.
    12-14-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD