So as OS6 themes start to roll-out (with the new TB leak), I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to supplement the "Themes" sub-forum with an "OS6 Themes" sub-forum.

Right now, if you want to find one of the new themes for your device for OS6, you have to click into Themes/Device and look amongst all the threads for an OS6 theme listing. This will require developers/posters to titles their threads (in addition to free/premium) that it is an OS6 theme.

While it is a matter of how one likes things organized, to me it is more intuitive to have a separate sub-forum, click into your device, and then you know that all threads therein would be OS6 themes for your device. Granted, we would still need things to be titles free/premium and developers may still wish to title threads with OS6, even though it would be an OS6 specific forum.

Perhaps it is just me, but I would like that organizationally speaking. And then when QNX/PlayBook devices roll out, we can have a separate sub-forum for that too, rather than having everything mixed.

Just my $.02.
    01-28-11 08:06 AM
    There were a lot of OS5 theme threads titled with OS6 too...
    01-28-11 09:00 AM
    Agree !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-28-11 09:02 AM
    I am really need a theme for my curve 3G..
    But I can't find a thing in this forum

01-28-11 09:06 AM
    I like the idea. I've never messed with themes before, but some of the forums in this section are a mess.
    01-28-11 09:21 AM
    I thought this earlier. When the themes start dropping it'd be nice to have a definte area for them.
    01-28-11 11:40 AM
    I am really need a theme for my curve 3G..
    But I can't find a thing in this forum

I just downloaded a simple elagance os 6 theme for 9330 curve 3G is has a different set up and different scroll than we are used to but it is just that DIFFERENT!!!!!!

01-29-11 11:33 AM
    So I feel like my point has been proven with anecdotal evidence. Tons of OS6 themes are now starting to drop. Went into the 9650 page and almost the entire first page is filled with OS6 themes.

Anyone that is looking for OS5 themes (there are still plenty of us out there) now have to wade through a bunch of threads that won't apply.

I really feel like we should separate the themes out. Heck, we keep threads whole sub-forums active for older devices. Why not do the same for themes.

Have an OS6 page and then all the devices capable of running 6 beneath that, and then the OS5 (and prior) page with all of the devices beneath that.

It makes sense.
    02-02-11 12:14 PM
    I am really getting fed up with having OS5 and OS6 themes in the same section. Many OS6 themes are not well marked and I have downloaded a number in error to my OS5 device. Sure, I should probably be more careful, but the fact is with so many threads and so many themes it really is getting a bit confusing trying to find what you are looking for. Is there no way to have separate OS6 and OS5 themes sections? I am not the only person asking for this, but so far it looks like our requests are falling on deaf ears.
    02-17-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD