Unless I am missing something (new to BB), you can't customize the home screen on any of the themes -- which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind. Anyway, I want a "Today" theme where I can see my email and calendar, but the standard one others me because it includes call log, which I don't use. I'd like to either just have Email and Calendar, or add something I use more often -- myfaves, profiles and Opera Browser are top choices. Is there an available theme out there with this? I'm not even sure it is possible to create a "Today" theme with these things -- is it? (Or all today screens mandated to have those 3 things?)
    10-27-07 12:35 AM
    Unlock Vodafone theme, you will like it...

Here is guide to unlock themes -- http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/how...r-themes-1595/
    10-27-07 03:23 AM
    Unless I am missing something (new to BB), you can't customize the home screen on any of the themes -- which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind. Anyway, I want a "Today" theme where I can see my email and calendar, but the standard one others me because it includes call log, which I don't use. I'd like to either just have Email and Calendar, or add something I use more often -- myfaves, profiles and Opera Browser are top choices. Is there an available theme out there with this? I'm not even sure it is possible to create a "Today" theme with these things -- is it? (Or all today screens mandated to have those 3 things?)
    It is possible to create today themes...BUT..you cannot put a 3rd party application on the home screen (i.e. - Opera & MyFaves).

Steve
    10-28-07 08:37 PM
    To create a custom today screen and to move all the things that you want on it all you ahve to do is scroll the track ball on the icon you want to move then press the menu key and click move. You can move it to the front of the list. Hopefully that answers your question.
    10-28-07 09:15 PM
    To create a custom today screen and to move all the things that you want on it all you ahve to do is scroll the track ball on the icon you want to move then press the menu key and click move. You can move it to the front of the list. Hopefully that answers your question.
    That only works for the 2nd screen for me (the one with all the icons). The "today" screen has 4 things -- messages, calendar, call log, and applications. And I can't move any of them.
    10-29-07 07:56 AM
    You CANNOT move items to the Today screen with themes that were created using Plazmic Themebuilder. Once the Theme author puts the icons that he/she wants on the front..you cannot change them.
    10-30-07 01:36 PM
    It have been looking through these threads and I'm trying to understand something. Is it possible to change the home screen on an 8700? I would like to have a home screen, similar to some WM home screens. Ideally I would like to see a clock, date, current weather and forecast, and appointments. Is there such a beast for BB?
    10-30-07 07:58 PM
    That only works for the 2nd screen for me (the one with all the icons). The "today" screen has 4 things -- messages, calendar, call log, and applications. And I can't move any of them.
    That was my problem on the Dimension Today screen on the 8300, too. I could change them on the other screens but not the Today screen. Hmmm...
    09-05-08 09:20 PM
    ....Anyway, I want a "Today" theme where I can see my email and calendar....
    How would you feel about something like this:
    Last edited by trimax84; 10-15-08 at 07:25 PM.
    09-06-08 11:53 PM
    OK is there a builder that lets you decide where the icons should be placed, but not what icons are placed there? Or one that lets you edit existing themes?
    09-09-08 02:24 PM

[picture of today theme showing several e-mails and a few calendar entities]
    That's 100% what I want!
    02-14-09 02:24 AM
    Can anyone build this theme? Pretty please with cherry on top?

I prefer to display 3 messages and 4 calendar entries.
    03-06-09 02:32 PM
    Uhhh idk what u guys are talkin\ about. U are able to pick your own icons on the front. I current have gmail, a checkbookapp myfaves icons etc.

The developer has to make the icon to be user defined. When they do u, and your in the menu with all the icons on the screen, u just move ones to the first,second,third slot etc.

In 4.5, u can not have the user define the today section. That has to be predefined. But icons on the bottom dock can be whatever you want them.... Even third party.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 03:08 PM
    Anyone have a solution for this yet?
    07-27-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD