Hi everyone. I know this subject has already been posted in other threads. I read that easiest way of resizing home screen icons without affecting app screen icons is using Composer. I'm not familiar with Composer at all and don't know my way around it. Can anyone please post a detailed Step by Step tutorial on this. Even better with one with screen shots. I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks for all help!
    03-17-10 01:27 PM
    Hi everyone. I know this subject has already been posted in other threads. I read that easiest way of resizing home screen icons without affecting app screen icons is using Composer. I'm not familiar with Composer at all and don't know my way around it. Can anyone please post a detailed Step by Step tutorial on this. Even better with one with screen shots. I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks for all help!
    Hey Yuki,

You won't need composer for editing the icons, you should use photoshop or something like that. You can also download a free application called gimp, which is a image editing tool (GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program). Here's the steps to resize the icons.

1. In photoshop or other image editing tool, open up the icon you wish to resize.

2. Resize the image by going to image, then resize image from the menu.

3. Resize the image to your desired size. Keep this image open.

4. Next, create a new image with the 80x80 dimensions. Use transparent background.

5. Then, go back to the resized icon, copy it and paste it into the blank image you just created. The image will be 80x80, but the icon will be the size that you resized it to.

Hope this makes sense.
    03-21-10 12:12 PM
    Hey Yuki,

You won't need composer for editing the icons, you should use photoshop or something like that. You can also download a free application called gimp, which is a image editing tool (GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program). Here's the steps to resize the icons.

1. In photoshop or other image editing tool, open up the icon you wish to resize.

2. Resize the image by going to image, then resize image from the menu.

3. Resize the image to your desired size. Keep this image open.

4. Next, create a new image with the 80x80 dimensions. Use transparent background.

5. Then, go back to the resized icon, copy it and paste it into the blank image you just created. The image will be 80x80, but the icon will be the size that you resized it to.

Hope this makes sense.
    Doesn't that also affect the icon size on the app screen? I thought OP was asking about shrinking the homescreen icons without shrinking the app screen icons. I was looking for an easy way to do this also.
    03-21-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD