...response from James at Research in Motion and based on that email, it would appear the latter of the two is correct and bPlay in fact did tamper with the CDK.

Here are a few excerpts from his email:

It has indeed been brought to our attention that a third party software company had been selling BlackBerry Tour themes created with the Plazmic CDK Theme Builder software, prior to the software being available for public distribution. Upon investigation, it was determined that the third party had tampered with the software

Read Full Story Here:

Research in Motion Confirms bPlay Tampered with the Content Developers Kit | MobiMadness
    Last edited by Daniel.Black; 08-20-09 at 07:24 PM.
    08-20-09 05:22 PM
    Was there ever really a doubt??
    08-20-09 05:24 PM
    Was there ever really a doubt??
    Not in my mind, but it was a shock when Research in Motion actually confirmed it. Now let's see what they do about it.
    08-20-09 05:26 PM
    Reading this puts a smile on my face.
    08-20-09 05:27 PM
    Wow! Thats Crazy, hope RIM puts the hammer down on them
    08-20-09 05:28 PM
    Me too. That'd be SWEET.
    08-20-09 10:05 PM
    do you guys remember bplay's crossbar theme? Bplay did the same thing then too. they had to remove the theme because it was made with a version of plazmic that wasnt released yet.
    08-27-09 11:53 AM
    do you guys remember bplay's crossbar theme? Bplay did the same thing then too. they had to remove the theme because it was made with a version of plazmic that wasnt released yet.
    Apparently they still feel as if they are above these sort of legalities?
    08-27-09 12:56 PM
    I hate to be like this, but the obvious has to be stated, why didn't Kevin run an article about this on CrackBerry? I sent a link to my article with all of my contact information and never heard a peep.

If you are going to bill yourself as the "#1 Site for Users and Abusers" shouldn't you also have the intestinal fortitude to post an article that has condemnation for such a blatant move such as this?

Or maybe it's because instead, CrackBerry ran a HUGE article touting the new themes and then raked in a commission for all of the sales made, at the expense of the rest of the developer community?

Don't get me wrong, I love the CrackBerry community and the site, but sometimes the truth hurts.
    08-27-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD