I had an issue with my BB pearl 8100.

JVM error 102

I used JL_Cmder to run the event log and discover the corrupt file which revealed:
    CMM: verifyHash failed for net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_240x260_b-13(529)

I proceeded to delete the file (even though I knew it was the theme being used) so that I would at least be able to get the phone to a state to back up it's contents . . .

Having deleted this file has resulted in my home screen looking like this:
    img413.imageshack.us/img413/1127/bbscreen.jpg

Through my search for a solution to this issue I have come across a few people commenting that their home screen looked the same (black & white), the reason for the orange background on mine is that this is the cingular image that loads when the phone loads up . . .

The only solution I have found is to replace the deleted file, however, I cannot find it . . .

Are there any other suggestions other than a wipe? Can I find this standard theme somewhere?? I cannot navigate through the menus to go to options/themes as the words overlap in its current state . . .

Sorry for the long post . . . I hope it was clear enough!
    06-02-10 12:18 AM
    Do you have the ability to reload the OS? That should reinstall a fresh copy of the default theme files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 10:16 AM
    Thankfully the phone is in a state where the BB desktop manager recognizes it. I have downloaded the latest OS and wanted to make sure that it should work before I fooled around and updated it.

Installing a more current OS doesn't force me to delete the data already on the phone does it??
    06-02-10 10:26 AM
    Is there any way at all to force a theme change through the desktop manager without me having to go to the settings section on the physical handset?

Thanks for the help.
    06-02-10 10:33 AM
    A fresh OS install successfully solved the problem, thanks!
    06-02-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD