I guess my title says it all...for some reason, I try all these new "U" themes and "L" themes that are being made, but all of them seem to be missing the bbmessenger icon, or some other icons! Zen themes are fine, its just the ones with the fixed icons.

I'd love to purchase one of these bottom zen themes I saw on here, but I'm afraid it will be a waste if i can't see one or more of the icons. Anyone know what causes this? I'm running 4.3.0.127 on the 8330. And if anyone else has had thsi problem, can you suggest a theme that will work? Thanks!

Thanks!!!

Rob
    07-09-08 06:40 AM
    Are the themes that you are choosing the correct ones for your device?
    07-09-08 06:55 AM
    I would assume so. They are from blueroomsolution and it doesn't really say. I know the ones for OS 4.5 and I obviosly stay away from those ones. Oh well, I was just wondering.

Thanks for the suggestion cutdacheck!!!

Rob

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 07:24 AM
    Try this and let me know how it works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...imension-l.zip

Its the L theme.
    07-09-08 07:28 AM
    I have the 8330 and are missing the BBMessenger icon on the iberry custom L theme. I contacted JCDesigns and they said they are aware of the glitch, and that it would be fixed in their next version. That's all I know.
    07-09-08 07:31 AM
    Thanks cutdacheck. I have the dimension L from factory. The one from BRS is the one I had issues with. I think its called precision L or something of the like. Thanks for that L tho. At least I have it in zip if I ever lose it!

Rob
    07-09-08 07:35 AM
    the Verizon bottom zen lets you move the icons so you can have what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 04:11 PM
    Look on the screen shot and see if it is the SMS icon. Usually if you separate your messages in email settings it will pop up.
    07-09-08 06:54 PM
    bodyart,

when you use the verizon them, do your icons (especially the 3rd party apps) look fuzzy?

i wish they were sharper and clearer
    07-09-08 09:54 PM
    i've had the same problems with themes missing icons i have the 9000 icon from visto and the icon doesn't show up for profiles just a black box but it says profiles on the bottom of the screen oh well i hid it in a folder with my 3rd party apps
    07-09-08 09:57 PM
    bodyart,

when you use the verizon them, do your icons (especially the 3rd party apps) look fuzzy?

i wish they were sharper and clearer
    Not that I have ever noticed, so I guess not, LOL! I'm using it on my 8330 and it looks good. I always seem to gravitate back to the Precision Zen. I wish someone mmade it with colored icons tho. OR a bottom dock with the Precision icons IN COLOR!! That would rock!
    07-09-08 11:16 PM
    i've had the same problems with themes missing icons i have the 9000 icon from visto and the icon doesn't show up for profiles just a black box but it says profiles on the bottom of the screen oh well i hid it in a folder with my 3rd party apps
    Corey doesn't include profile icons in his themes, because he doesn't want them in the banner (for a less cluttered look). That is why there is a blank space when 'viewing'/changing profiles in the application list or profile menu; where the profile icon(s) would usually to be. He explains all this in the f.a.q. section at his official website. A few other theme builders do the same thing with some of their themes.
    07-10-08 02:54 AM
    My folder icons went missing after I upgraded my OS from version 4.2 to 4.5.0.52. I'm not quite sure why this happened since I didn't remove anything during the update process. Everything else though is intact and transferred over just fine. Does anyone know how I can restore the missing folder icons? I do have a backup of my data prior to the update. Many thanks in advance.
    07-10-08 04:24 PM
    well thans for the suggestions...one of the themes, the sms being combined with messages was the issue, but it seems like its usually the bbmessneger icon. Oh well, not that big of a deal, once 4.5 comes out i'll try then!

Thanks everyone

Rob
    07-10-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD